Little Britain's racist, isn't it?

Wales

Welsh isn't a race though is it... they're just slow Englishmen with an accent.

kjs

I think you totally miss the point.

But then you are Welsh.

Laughing out loud

This is the wrong forum entirely. Moving.

Perhaps he's the only welsh on the forum...

kjs

Well we also have Gavin and roscoff. And probably some others. roscoff spends most of his time down t'mine though.

Quote: Aaron @ March 27, 2008, 10:40 PM

Well we also have Gavin and roscoff. And probably some others. roscoff spends most of his time down t'mine though.

They followed each other on here like sheep.

And the Slaggs of course.

if i wrote a sketch where someone pukes at the sight of someone black i'd be lynched (sorry) it would be sent back to me before i sent it.

If you wrote that sketch then you would have sold out

Yes, I think it is. So is the Catherine Tate Show.

Quote: paul toft @ March 27, 2008, 10:55 PM

if i wrote a sketch where someone pukes at the sight of someone black i'd be lynched (sorry) it would be sent back to me before i sent it.

And more's the pity for it. The media is full of so many double standards and so much hypocrisy that I sometimes don't know how it actually gets anything made at all.

I think sometimes the question is who we're laughing at - if racism is the butt of the joke then it can be seen as acceptable. Some might say the vommiting ladies concept in Little Britain was poking fun at how certain old ladies have very racist views, rather than being racist itself. The Brass Eye fiasco is another good example - it wasn't laughing at paedophilia, it was laughing at the media hysteria surrounding paedophilia. There is a difference, but a lot of people failed to appreciate it.

Quote: paul toft @ March 27, 2008, 10:55 PM

The joke (as it seems you need explaining it to you)is about racism and prejudice. It's not saying it's right but a reflection of some parts of society.

Did anyone see American Dad, earlier tonight? There was a joke on there, about a girl who was famously kidnapped, when she was about 13, back in the '90s, by a rapist, who kept her captive for about 9 months.