Funniest Comedy Decade Page 6

The only thing she'll be receiving is the back of my hand.

Laughing out loud
He's turned into his avatar!

Plop!

Quote: Aaron @ March 26, 2008, 1:24 AM

It is better to give than to receive, my friend. You shall learn that in time.

That is what the tax people say.

Laughing out loud

It's tough to call as each decade has given us some great comedy. When I look at the different decades I would probably have to go with the 70s as producing some of the better, most enduring comedies. But even this is a sweeping statement and negates some of the gold that other decades have spewed.

But although I think the 70s is da biz, I'm going to give respect to the 1980s. Here are some gems from that decade:

Yes Minister/Prime, The Young Ones, Allo Allo, Red Dwarf, Blackadder, The New Statesman, Spitting Image, Only Fools & Horses, Who's Line is it Anyway?, Birds of a Feather, Bread, Brush Strokes, Dear John, Hi-De-Hi, The Kenny Everett Television Show, Just Good Friends, Dear Ladies

Def.

The Kenny Everett Television Show is IMO miles above any sketch show we've had in the past 10 years or so.

Quote: Aaron @ March 26, 2008, 3:06 PM

The Kenny Everett Television Show is IMO miles above any sketch show we've had in the past 10 years or so.

Someone didn't see Blunder Rolling eyes

Correct. It'd have a big job to better The Kenny Everett Television Show though.

Blunder was terrible, really truly awful.

Wait ... Yes. I did see that. I think.

Keep confusing it with Bruiser. >_<

Quote: Leevil @ March 26, 2008, 3:23 PM

Blunder was terrible, really truly awful.

I wondered why my ears suddenly started bleeding - it was you who dared say the ultimate curse word: Blunder.

Aaron - you remember - it's the show I called "the worst comedy in at least twenty years". It was terrible, terrible, terrible! Why David Mitchell agreed to be in it I'll never know!

£££££££££££££££££££££££££

Have you had a stroke?

Yth.