What are you reading right now? Page 5

Quote: Aaron @ September 25, 2007, 8:22 PM

Top Gear is quite possibly the funniest programme (not currently) on TV.

:)

It's humour must be purely unintentional. Still, I may not see the erotic appeal of cars but I won't judge Clarkson, Hammond et al because of it.

Quote: Cinnamon @ September 25, 2007, 8:45 PM

It's humour must be purely unintentional.

Not at all. It's out to entertain. :)

The Romans' Christian vs. Lion fun originated from similarly noble ambitions.

*drags up thread* I was going to start a new one, but thought I might see if there was one already :) I'm reading Atonement by Ian McEwan, my revision notes for various subjects, my Spanish presentation I have to learn, and the odd interception of Book of Matches by Simon Armitage <3

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ March 25, 2008, 4:32 PM

*drags up thread* I was going to start a new one, but thought I might see if there was one already :)

Good girl *pats head*

This is an example of a good poster! :) And good thread Scatters to drag up! :)

hehe thank you *looks smug* I only did it because I'm worried that I don't read enough!

Coyote Frontier just read the other 2 they're great.

Child in Time is best Ian McEwan

Still picking through The King is Dead (short stories about Elvis)

Duma Key, slowly it's pretty dull

Loads of Punisher back issues

Yes the 3rd member member of the gang is the pun-gent, he's the well mannered, but stinky mercenary.

"I am Legend" by Richard Matheson. Don't worry if you've seen the movie because it's absolutely nothing like its original text.
I also finished an anthology of I Am Robot by Isaac Asimov last month. It was a great read but you may have to be a science fiction fan. I think everyone could enjoy I am Legend though.

I'm still struggling with Me;Moir.

I'm reading The Kite Runner. It's amazing! Some woman on the bus took it upon herself to talk about it to me when I mentioned it to my friend. Also, all my lesson notes for revision and my Spanish speaking presentation to try and learn it by heart. :(

Books about the English Civil War for reference.

Wonder Boys by Michael Chabon.

It's my favourite film, so I thought I should read the book it's based on.

I am reading (althouh obviously not at this precise moment) Fifty Years of Hancock's Half Hour by Richard Webber. Highly recommended read.

See Amazon product listing
[p=http://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-/707148/Fifty-Years-of-Hancock-Half-Hour-/Product.html]