8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown - Series 22

Firstly does anyone understand that list of series on the Cats does Countdown page? Series 21 is series 22????

Anyway why didn't anyone sort that kid out?

It's not Generation Zee. It's Generation Zed!

Still - up to par.

Quote: Chappers @ 29th July 2022, 9:45 PM

Firstly does anyone understand that list of series on the Cats does Countdown page? Series 21 is series 22???

Channel 4 retrospectively renumbered the series a couple of years ago, deciding that an early couple of specials should in fact be called 'Series 1', rather than the actual first time they commissioned and aired a series, which was at the time called Series 1. Hence that now being branded Series 2 by them. Very tedious and confusing.

So anyway, the rather long-winded way we label them is an attempt to bridge that gap between how they're listed on All 4 and most other TV guides, and what is actually factually, historically true.

Quote: Chappers @ 29th July 2022, 9:45 PM

Firstly does anyone understand that list of series on the Cats does Countdown page? Series 21 is series 22????

Anyway why didn't anyone sort that kid out?

It's not Generation Zee. It's Generation Zed!

Still - up to par.

Not sure about your last statement, as I sadly found it a bit formulaic - I was so looking forward to this new series. BUT - Jimmy was fine, Ayoade should get his coat as his one joke persona is wearing thin, Joe like the curate's egg, Jon much the same and I can't understand what his wife is saying half the time.
And thank heavens for fast forward as the young tit with the lap top was a waste of space.

Susie and Rachel were fine of course - no complaints there!! ?

Far better tonight, apart from the Dick with the Christmas outfit on.

Morgana Robinson cracks me up every time.

Mediocre overall, apart from Jimmy

Quote: Chappers @ 19th August 2022, 11:04 PM

Morgana Robinson cracks me up every time.

Must admit I did laugh at her "cheeky little bum chakra!" after Jon said something in horror ("something just left me" I think he said)

I'm fine with Joe but am I the only one who finds David O'Doherty extremely unfunny?

Quote: Chappers @ 26th August 2022, 9:50 PM

I'm fine with Joe but am I the only one who finds David O'Doherty extremely unfunny?

Never EVER found him funny, and Joe has improved, but tonight was absolutely hysterical with them trying to get Jimmy to sing Moon River, especially when Roisin was teasing him, which made it worse for J. First time I've seen him actually embarrassed and having to mop his eyes with the tears of laughter. VG

I enjoyed that show and liked all the guests. Very funny episode.