The all in one consolidated RIP thread Page 81

Quote: Lazzard @ 7th July 2022, 6:34 PM

Amidst all this chaos, James Caan slips away.
RIP Sonny

He was very very lucky he didn't get 'clipped' in the 70's

Mixing with real life mobsters and having a smart mouth can get you in a lot of trouble

I think he was quite a bitter guy - never thought he got the breaks.
More often than not that means the person in question was 'difficult'.

Sorry to see him pass. I think if anyone should be bitter it should be Bruce Dern. He was amazing but never really got the roles and the ones he got he smashed .

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 7th July 2022, 7:00 PM

Sorry to see him pass. I think if anyone should be bitter it should be Bruce Dern. He was amazing but never really got the roles and the ones he got he smashed .

Yep.
He gave a terrific turn in the last season of Goliath

Caan was great in Thief, and of course Misery. RIP.

He was good in the Thief. But I remember when my lad was about ten and he was (Still is) Batman mad. Anyway Adam West was in Liverpool signing his book 'Back to the Batcave' I told my lad he was going to the dentist and we went down and got the book autographed. There was loads of dad there with their kids and when he walked in everyone was like 'Oh my f**king god its Batman'
And that was the nub of his book as I read it. Every time he went for a role even the receptionist would say 'Sir Batmans here to see you'
And I think thats what happened with James Cann in a way as Sonny was the and is an iconic role that he smashed and while we all understand type casting. I think his problem like Adam Wests was more a case of people being in awe of the character .

Norman... Monty Norman

Pauly Walnuts too

We sure this isn't some sort of Mafia hit?
They're dropping like flies.

RIP the mighty David Warner. Nobody did villainy quite like him.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 11th July 2022, 6:24 PM

Pauly Walnuts too

Yeah, I had some peanuts once that weren't feeling very well.

Yes he got put in that English bad guy bracket and probably got rich from it, but they were one dimensional roles usually which rarely stretched him. His true film metier was horror imo. My two favourite roles of his was as the photographer in The Omen, where his twitchiness was exploited beautifully, and my top favourite was as a buyer of an old mirror in Tales From Beyond The Grave. His intensity of performance is almost draining to watch.

Quote: chipolata @ 25th July 2022, 2:32 PM

RIP the mighty David Warner. Nobody did villainy quite like him.

Quote: Lazzard @ 11th July 2022, 6:29 PM

We sure this isn't some sort of Mafia hit?
They're dropping like flies.

Might be something here... Paul Sorvino dead now.

They've all been made an offer they couldn't refuse.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 25th July 2022, 7:51 PM

They've all been made an offer they couldn't refuse.

I don't know any of them.