I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,428

Stephen you need to step away from the hate mate and get back to the comedy. With some posters on this site I sense that they are drawn to the word British more than the word comedy.
We are poles apart on politics that obvious, but its getting that way now that when you see some posters names you know its going to be about extremism not comedy.
I'm not saying you can't talk about issues but its getting to be 99% of your output. Why not pop down to Critique and tell a few jokes or punch a sketch out? Everyone is set on their side of the fence it won't change so why not get back to witty stuff? It has to better than arguing all day .

There's no hate (another buzz word)
More irony if anything.
It's the usual though, don't like the message, throw a few nouns and try ridicule the speaker.

So he's a hypocrite because he hasn't taken in any refugees apart from the refugees he took in and for suggesting we do more to combat climate change after doing something (admittedly very minor) to combat climate change. Good job we cleared all that up.

No one ridiculed you, there was no buzz words I just gave you honest advice if you choose to ignore it thats fine.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 23rd June 2022, 3:08 PM

Birds of a feather......

Wrong thread.

On a less that lighter note I got f**ked off with my BAFTA caper so its clear I'm not as funny as I think I am .

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 23rd June 2022, 3:40 PM

On a less that lighter note I got f**ked off with my BAFTA caper so its clear I'm not as funny as I think I am .

Is that the Rocliffe?
I've had stuff not make it through, that then got optioned a year later.
Funny set up.

Yes it was Rockcliffe it was the first one I have ever paid to enter so its a double blow. I think my stuff is too old for the people who read scripts as its mostly interns and to be fair I am shit at modern comedy as its too 'Emotional'
But I am still on the horse and it still has four legs so I'll go back to my drama as I said I would. I have fleshed out a three parter thats 6 hours long and although its designed to shown around Christmas which limits it , the story I think is solid.
What I need to do now is find a site where people read drama scripts and give me free advice and if the feedbacks positive I'll just put my head down and complete it.
I've done the first two hours and I think its strong but I'm new to it so I could be off the mark. But if I do say so myself I don't think I'm too bad at drama & plots so if I do get some advice I don't think it wil be a case of a total rewrite.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 23rd June 2022, 3:50 PM

What I need to do now is find a site where people read drama scripts and give me free advice and if the feedbacks positive I'll just put my head down and complete it.

Don't hold your breath. I was desperate for that sort of thing a few years back. But the worlds just full of structure wankers, telling you that your protagonist should have had "a dark moment of the soul "on page 32 and that your line-spacing is off.

PS is that the thing of yours I read before?
Or is that a different script.
Or a different person, even.

I know that but if I can get just a little boost it all helps. We're all writers and we know that your head can drop or you can go in the wrong direction. So what I'm after is just an indicator that the story is gripping . The rest can follow.
PS yes it starts in the past but comes bang into the now with a few flashbacks in the right places.. Other than that its very modern .

Happy to have read when you feel it's in shape.
I'll take f**king ages, but I'll get round to it.

Thats an amazing gesture I wil throw the first episode up in critique after my shift and see if anyone can have a look at it. Its a 40 pager so I don't expect too many to have a nose my main aim is just to know if its realistic and above all gripping. I'm not scared of anyone robbing my idea either as the twist at the end is one of the best things I have ever done. I have tried to make it like Prime Suspect meets Tinker Taylor .

Quote: Crindy @ 23rd June 2022, 3:32 PM

So he's a hypocrite because he hasn't taken in any refugees apart from the refugees he took in and for suggesting we do more to combat climate change after doing something (admittedly very minor) to combat climate change. Good job we cleared all that up.

If he's a member of the lefty gang all's good then
Read hypocrite. And 'do as I say not as I do.
Always excuses if he fits the bill eh.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 23rd June 2022, 4:23 PM

I'm starting to think your a little bit obsessed with these 'Lefties' of which you speak.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 23rd June 2022, 4:23 PM

I'm afraid I've got no idea what any of that is supposed to mean. But I hope you have a lovely day. :)