Avoidance

Yes - very good. I enjoyed it.

But the Lesbian relationship is totally unneccesary. Why? Just to make it right on and modern?

You liked it? Why? How?

What were the funny bits?

Where were the jokes?

At what point is anybody meant to pause it because they're laughing so hard they don't want to miss the next one?

It was more drama than comedy.

Yes

Really? Just the presence of a lesbian relationship on a TV show is enough to annoy you so much you need to post about it? Pretty odd behaviour, Chappers. (And ironically, truly unnecessary.)

I've watched the first two eps. I do like it enough to continue, but some of Romesh's character's actions (or inactions) could get a bit annoying if he doesn't start finding his backbone soon. The kid actor is adorable.

His point is probably that certain characters are shoehorned into everything. And woe betides you dare mention it.

Oops accidentally deleted instead of edited.

I didn't think they were shoehorned in, they seemed stock sitcom characters if anything. The sibling/friend who supportive(ish), with their spouse/partner who doesn't like the main character.

I liked it! Will need more episodes to like it more but enjoyed it.

Quote: Feeoree @ 12th June 2022, 9:01 AM

Oops accidentally deleted instead of edited.

Yes, I've done that many a time. Annoying. Especially when you've got to re-write mulltiple lines of text. And to remember the words of wisdom you wrote in the first place.

Quote: zooo @ 11th June 2022, 10:05 PM

Really? Just the presence of a lesbian relationship on a TV show is enough to annoy you so much you need to post about it? Pretty odd behaviour, Chappers. (And ironically, truly unnecessary.)

Surely, particularly on a site dedicated to honouring or discussing comedy programmes and routines (supposedly), it is not out of place to discuss whether particular character(s) in a show are necessary. Or whether they work in the context of that show. Fans of Dad's Army, for example, have been debating for years (decades in fact) the wisdom of replacing Walker with Mr Cheeseman on the death of James Beck. Nobody has implied that to do so was disrespectful to newspaper journalists/photographers.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 12th June 2022, 9:34 AM

Yes, I've done that many a time. Annoying. Especially when you've got to re-write mulltiple lines of text. And to remember the words of wisdom you wrote in the first place.

Yeah, I naturally go to the right hand box as it's usually to post on other sites, but post/edit is on the left here and I keep forgetting until just before I press it, this time I just went and pressed it then realised, ha.

It just feels like we've travelled back in time to the 1950s, to have people literally offended by a lesbian existing.
Lately I'm used to people getting their knickers in a twist over transgender people. It's very retro to have lesbians in the mix again.

I must say I was expecting Jessica Knappett to have a larger role in this! She's only popped up a couple of times so far.

Quote: zooo @ 11th June 2022, 10:05 PM

I've watched the first two eps. I do like it enough to continue, but some of Romesh's character's actions (or inactions) could get a bit annoying if he doesn't start finding his backbone soon. The kid actor is adorable.

I'm not annoyed about it. Just seems like tokenism.

The only question we should be asking is whether the show is funny or not
And are the Lesbians hot or are they in dungarees?
:-)

Biffa's

Quote: Chappers @ 10th June 2022, 10:17 PM

Yes - very good. I enjoyed it.

But the Lesbian relationship is totally unneccesary. Why? Just to make it right on and modern?

But suggesting the relationship is unnecessary and only to make it right on and modern just because it's a lesbian relationship is a bit Roodeye.

DAMN YOU BROOKSIDE!