British Comedy Quiz Page 6

Just numbers 1, 8 & 10 for me this week. I knew the surname for # 5, which I assumed the question was going to be until I read further, but couldn't bring to mind his Christian name. And don't understand why I didn't know # 9. The others were all outwith my field of knowledge.

Quote: a plate @ 2nd June 2022, 1:39 AM

The new quiz is up, and it's my questions this week! Good luck everyone, let us know how you do...
(Perhaps unsurprisingly, it was the first time I got 10/10!)

Lol, the only quiz I've ever got 100% on is the one I wrote :) 9/10 and 4/5 for me this week, probably my second-highest score. Had to have a long think about the Fawlty Towers question though, going through a good chunk of the episode in my head.

Quote: a plate @ 2nd June 2022, 1:39 AM

The new quiz is up, and it's my questions this week! Good luck everyone, let us know how you do...
(Perhaps unsurprisingly, it was the first time I got 10/10!)

Good one Plate. I looked at it and thought oh no, I won't many again, but got 7 & 3, so obviously had some luck this time. When's your next one?

Many thanks for the feedback, everyone, interesting to see the different outcomes.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 2nd June 2022, 9:42 AM

F**king Hell, got 8/10 and they were all guesses except Young Ones and Baddiel (which I wouldn't've known without the prompt and still nearly got wrong).

Good stuff MM, I knew you'd get the Young Ones question right if you did it, as you've spoken highly of it a few times before.
You weren't tempted to choose 'Dr. Michael's House of Monks' for the Steve Coogan series though? ?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 3rd June 2022, 9:03 AM

Good one Plate. I looked at it and thought oh no, I won't many again, but got 7 & 3, so obviously had some luck this time. When's your next one?

Cheers Alfred. Not sure when I'll do another one yet, maybe a couple of months or so.

Quote: a plate @ 3rd June 2022, 10:08 PM

Cheers Alfred. Not sure when I'll do another one yet, maybe a couple of months or so.

Yes they are surprisingly time consuming things to compile, especially a whole 15 Qs with 75 options for answers.

I've got to about 8 Q&A sets and now I'm struggling, but other things take over. I'll need a free day to come up with the rest I think.

Quote: a plate @ 3rd June 2022, 10:08 PM

Good stuff MM, I knew you'd get the Young Ones question right if you did it, as you've spoken highly of it a few times before.
You weren't tempted to choose 'Dr. Michael's House of Monks' for the Steve Coogan series though? ?

I bleedin' LOVE The Young Ones! Almost as good as Spiceworld.
I actually remember watching that episode the first time it came out, and pissing myself over that very line. I must've been about twelve years old.

Just 3 for me this week, although I can't understand how I answered two wrong as I clearly knew the answers. I just didn't pick them. ?

My usual 2

4/10 for me this week - 2, 3, 4 and 6. Never would've guessed the first one! (Well, I would eventually of course, as there are five options. But you know what I mean). The only one I was 100% sure of was question 2!

I knew the You Rang M'Lord question and the Liver Birds question and correctly guessed the Jack Dee one from the alternatives given.

Another round from Niki Walton this week, and 4/10 score for me. (Hoping to get over half marks again one day..!) Got questions 1, 3, 4 and 5. I should've got question 2 right, but went for one of the other answers as it also seemed familiar.

7/10. All but 4, 7 & 8. Last time Niki set one I knew six of them. More my era!

11/15. Not bad.

Quote: a plate @ 15th June 2022, 7:28 PM

I should've got question 2 right, but went for one of the other answers as it also seemed familiar.

I'd never heard of any of those other titles before I made them up, I swear :)

Actually Q1 was a late substitute in place of a question which was rather too close to one of yours from a few weeks back. I had tried Q3 out on workfriends last year and I'm glad to hear some of them remembered the answer.

Quote: Niki Walton @ 15th June 2022, 8:58 PM

I'd never heard of any of those other titles before I made them up, I swear :)

Actually Q1 was a late substitute in place of a question which was rather too close to one of yours from a few weeks back. I had tried Q3 out on workfriends last year and I'm glad to hear some of them remembered the answer.

Strange about that other title, then!
Q3 was a good question because it took me a while to think, but I remembered a couple of specific episodes where her job was sort-of part of the plot.