Radio Ga Ga

An ongoing interview

PRESENTER
Thank you minister, those tips could prove invaluable. But I feel I should add to the listeners that if you do intend to pick blackberries on the side of motorways or railways. Then please do keep an eye on your safety.

MINISTER
Oh, and here's one I heard the other day. There are enough dandelion and burdock leaves growing wild on public land to produce 500 million gallons of Dandelion & Burdock... for free!

PRESENTER
Yes exactly... Well thank you for the tips, Minister. Now if I may could we cover the cost of fuel in the home as it's a really pressing issue at the moment.

MINISTER
Well that one's simple, Smart Meters! If anyone hasn't got a smart meter, it's their own fault.

PRESENTER
But surely, they can only save you a minimal amount

MINISTER
They save it all, I've had one since I became an MP, you don't have to pay a penny!

PRESENTER
That's not a Smart Meter Minister, that's just a normal one that sends your bills to your expense's office.

MINISTER
Well, it sounds a lot smarter than the one you're banging on about

PRESENTER
You do understand that people still actually have to pay bills themselves?

MINISTER
Well, what can I tell you? We have to buck our ideas up. We're standing alone now as a nation and there's a war on as well. So perhaps instead of laying around all day drinking Dandelion & Burdock, people could sell it and use that to pay their bills?

PRESENTER
That's a very interesting take, now if I could ask you about ....

MINISTER
I'm sorry I have to go, I've got some badgers in my top field that need gassing.

He-he!

Excellent! Punchy and funny.
One tiny suggestion: get rid of the penguin suit bit, it lessens the impact of the final line.

Done and thanks for the tip Beaky Old Boy.

Good call Beaky.
Lovely rhythm to the punchline now.