Funniest Comedy Decade Page 5

Probably out riding my bike, being naughty by going places I shouldn't (no innuendo intended, but no doubt Dave will imply some anyway), climbing up on my school's roof, being 'sick' off school at every available opportunity, and eating chicken nuggets with lots of tomato ketchup. :D

But then, you were only 10 when it started!

Mine is...

1. 1990s
2. 2000s
3. 1980s
4. 1970s
5. 1960s
7. 1950s

(modern stuff appeals to me more). Actually, might have to move the 70s up my list a bit higher because the six hours of Fawlty Towers single handedly pulls the decade up.

It's interesting that many people's favourite decade seems to be the one they grew up in.

Poor Chapman can't play this game then :(

Laughing out loud

1930s? Laurel and Hardy, Marx Brother, Charlie Chaplin, Music Hall, Will Haye, and Adolf Hitler. Don't tell me at those Nurmeberg rallies he wasn't slipping in a couple of Mother in Law gags. Also Runion, Woodhouse, and Noel Coward.

Or 1570 Marlowe, and Shakespeare

0r wasn't Mark Twain and Charles Dickens writing in the same decade.

It has to be 90's.

Quote: Mark @ March 23, 2008, 2:39 PM

Mine is...

1. 1990s
2. 2000s
3. 1980s
4. 1970s
5. 1960s
7. 1950s

(modern stuff appeals to me more). Actually, might have to move the 70s up my list a bit higher because the six hours of Fawlty Towers single handedly pulls the decade up.

Actually Marks list looks pretty good I would have to go with his...

Thanks Mark Saved me some time mate.

I'm intrigued as to the shows you think warrant the 00s being that high? I can think of two or three only.

Quote: Aaron @ March 25, 2008, 8:55 PM

I'm intrigued as to the shows you think warrant the 00s being that high? I can think of two or three only.

You're not thinking hard enough :P

It's been a good decade so far. If we're just sticking to British sitcoms, here's some of the shows from this decade I've enjoyed (in no particular order):

Coupling, Peep Show, Still Game, Lead Balloon, 15 Storeys High, Black Books, The Office, Green Wing, The Smoking Room, Absolute Power, Angelo's, Early Doors, Not Going Out, The Thick of It, Freezing, Other People, Pulling, The Worst Week of My Life, Nighty Night, Darkplace, Ideal, Respectable, Grass, Help, Extras, Bromwell High, The IT Crowd, Saxondale, Complete Guide to Parenting, Outnumbered

If we also can include other stuff like Charlie Brooker, Shaun of the Dead, American comedies etc the list grows longer still.

Hm, I dunno. There's some good names there, no doubt about it. But very little that's truly great, I wouldn't have said. Hmmm.

*strokes imaginary beard*

Beards are itchy but still cool, well mine is because it's stubbly beard and not scary Gandolf beard.

Facial hair of any kind is wrong IMO! Gives the ladies thigh rash if nothing else!

Quote: Aaron @ March 26, 2008, 1:18 AM

Facial hair of any kind is wrong IMO! Gives the ladies thigh rash if nothing else!

You think I care to give her pleasure?!

I woman will remain below me, in more ways then one.

It is better to give than to receive, my friend. You shall learn that in time.