Here We Go

I didn't know this was happening until seeing this trailer on YouTube just now!

Pandemonium has been made into a series called 'Here We Go'. It was on Christmas 2020, a one-off Comedy Playhouse pilot about a family on a rainy seaside holiday when their foreign trip was derailed by the pandemic, all seen through the young son's camera. Starring Alison Steadman, Tom Basden, Katherine Parkinson and Jim Howick.

I thought it was alright, not wowed but liked it enough for me to come back and give Here We Go a pop!

On from 29th April.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI6HlAmOgt4

Pandemonium: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000qqzt/pandemonium

As Chapper's duplicate thread has been locked, I'll repost...........................

Well, I quite liked it and look forward to the next episode. Whether they can keep up the frantic pace, is another matter, and hope they do.

Reminded me a bit of The Walshes, and was certainly funnier than that dire Hold The Sunset, which also starred Alison Steadman.

It's pretty tired script wise with the usual over the top clueless dad who can't do anything right constantly rescued by his all knowing patient wife plus the usual smattering of the current wokeanomics.Only thing going for it is the brevity of it tbh.I've watched two but I think that's it for me.Shame because some good actors are wasted

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd May 2022, 9:19 AM

As Chapper's duplicate thread has been locked, I'll repost...........................

Well, I quite liked it and look forward to the next episode. Whether they can keep up the frantic pace, is another matter, and hope they do.

Reminded me a bit of The Walshes, and was certainly funnier than that dire Hold The Sunset, which also starred Alison Steadman.

Yeah copy and pasting mine (thought the other thread would stay open as it actually had replies)

---

It was fun, I thought it came out better than the pilot, due to him being given the time to sharpen up the character writing I guess! Agreed with Hercules, hopefully they can keep up the fast pace.

Quote: Feeoree @ 2nd May 2022, 11:22 AM

Yeah copy and pasting mine (thought the other thread would stay open as it actually had replies)

Yes, I was surprised at that.

I searched and didn't find one which was why I started a new one. Anyway I thought it was awful. Obviously in the minority or I'm not easily pleased.

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd May 2022, 3:52 PM

................. or I'm not easily pleased.

That - it's an age thing

Since I replied to the now closed thread I'll paste it again below:

We enjoyed this a lot - particularly the ending with the hole in one. And trying desperately to use a voucher on the last day is something that's definitely happened in our house. We didn't see the pilot but will try to catch on iPlayer.

Sorry. Still not a titter.

Incidentally what is it withJim Howick and arrows?

Quote: Bonzo @ 3rd May 2022, 7:43 PM

Since I replied to the now closed thread I'll paste it again below:

We enjoyed this a lot - particularly the ending with the hole in one. And trying desperately to use a voucher on the last day is something that's definitely happened in our house. We didn't see the pilot but will try to catch on iPlayer.

Yeah the Hole In One bit was a standout moment for the series, fun.

I semi-binged (3 one night, 2 the next) the other 5 episodes on iPlayer and in general enjoyed the series. Wasn't blown away but felt it was good and the characters click more and more as it goes along (I'm guessing Basden wrote it entirely in episode order as it is genuinely stronger as it goes on and there's seemingly a widening of how far the characters are pushed as time passes).

I also think Episode 6 was in a rush to tie a bow on some things and set up stuff for a potential Series 2, but it still works and had some nice character moments.

I really did try to laugh - honestly.

I mean why didn't he just dip the bucket in the pool to empty it? And all this backwards and forwards? Why?????

Please, please, please tell me what is so great about this? I know there's a gay relationship but what else is there?

Yeah, I'm another one who just didn't click with this. I completely get what they were going for, but I just didn't laugh at all.

While I wasn't wowed, I feel like I've enjoyed it more than everyone here.

Enjoyed it enough to hope it gets a 2nd series, anyway!

I think the reason it didn't wow me is because some things felt laboured, and considering the pace, I think I expected more of the happenings to be funnier/more interesting. But then I suppose it's the point, a kid filming his family's every day life wouldn't be slapstick a minute.

Hopefully one day someone will finally put the great Alison Steadman in a sitcom that is actually - funny

You know? That actually makes you laugh?

Out loud?

Instead of lousy guff like this and Gavin & Stacey.

She, and we, deserve better!