British Comedy Quiz Page 5

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 4th May 2022, 9:47 AM

Oh, EDIT on that last post, mine are up. Thanks Mark. Happy quizzing, hope you all get some.

Good stuff Alfred! Like Lazzard, I got 5/10 from your ones. Those I got correct were: 2, 4, 7, 8 and 10. The Bedazzled one and the episode titles one I was pretty much certain of, then a couple I had a vague recollection of, and one was a complete guess...

6/10.

I knew 4, 5 & 8.

3, 6 & 9 I got via a process of elimination.

6/10

1, 2, 3, 5, 7 & 8

Well I think you all did very well, especially as Mark moved two of my hard 11 to 15 Qs into the ten. I had no.1 in the last five and even worded the Question in a challenging way. Couldn't have had a much harder opener in fact. lol

But Mark has given a visual clue to one of the first ten, in the quiz header photo at the foot of the page. I'll say no more. Hope you enjoyed them, may have another here sometime if invited. Cheers.

Got 5/10 again on this week's quiz: 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6.

Does this week's quiz include any from the forum members' submissions? None are mine, and it says some of the questions were "recycled from 2018" due to lack of time, so maybe next week?

Just 4/10 on this week's quiz, written by Niki Walton! I got 3, 4, 7 and 8 correct. Some very tricky ones there...

(BTW, I've heard from Mark, and there might be a week of my own questions sometime in the next month or two!)

Quote: a plate @ 18th May 2022, 9:16 PM

Just 4/10 on this week's quiz, written by Niki Walton! I got 3, 4, 7 and 8 correct. Some very tricky ones there...

Thank you, I hope you enjoyed the questions. I'm very pleased to be this week's quizmaster but have absolutely no sense of what types of questions other people find easy or tricky :) The highest score I've heard from family and friends so far is 5/10, but I have pointed out that I have never got 100% on any of these quizzes. But I'm always up for a fiendish quiz.

Quote: Niki Walton @ 19th May 2022, 10:34 AM

Thank you, I hope you enjoyed the questions. I'm very pleased to be this week's quizmaster but have absolutely no sense of what types of questions other people find easy or tricky :) The highest score I've heard from family and friends so far is 5/10, but I have pointed out that I have never got 100% on any of these quizzes. But I'm always up for a fiendish quiz.

Yeah, it's difficult to judge what's challenging/too easy/almost impossible! Yours was a good 'un though.

As for this week's quiz, I got 5/10, with 1, 3, 4, 5 and 9 correct...

Quote: a plate @ 25th May 2022, 12:59 AM

As for this week's quiz, I got 5/10, with 1, 3, 4, 5 and 9 correct...

A surprising 9/10 for me though I have to admit I only actually knew numbers 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 & 9.

Number 3 was just a very lucky guess as I've never seen it and 8 was equally lucky as I've never heard of it. Number 10 was also a guess, albeit more "educated" than the other two.

Disappointed re anyone not getting number 2 though!

Quote: Niki Walton @ 19th May 2022, 10:34 AM

That was a good quiz Niki, I only 3 and 0 but I did talk myself out of 3 correct answers because of the clever red herrings you put in. Hope you're working on another one, like me.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 25th May 2022, 9:45 AM

A surprising 9/10 for me though I have to admit I only actually knew numbers 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 & 9.

6 & 1 on this one.

Are you doing a quiz Billy? Or a few questions for a mixed contributor quiz? The call has gone out to all wannabe quiz masters.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 30th May 2022, 9:03 AM

Are you doing a quiz Billy? Or a few questions for a mixed contributor quiz? The call has gone out to all wannabe quiz masters.

I will remain content with answering questions rather than setting them thank you. Apart from anything else, I know little of anything that happened in the comedy world (or indeed any other part of the world) since the seventies (as witnessed by the six questions to which I knew the answers in the latest quiz) so the number of people able to answer any questions I could set would be fairly limited. And fairly old.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 30th May 2022, 10:15 AM

Apart from anything else, I know little of anything that happened in the comedy world (or indeed any other part of the world) since the seventies (as witnessed by the six questions to which I knew the answers in the latest quiz) so the number of people able to answer any questions I could set would be fairly limited. And fairly old.

Perfect! Do submit some! We like a mix. ?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 30th May 2022, 9:03 AM

That was a good quiz Niki, I only 3 and 0 but I did talk myself out of 3 correct answers because of the clever red herrings you put in. Hope you're working on another one, like me.

Thank you, yes I'm working on further questions. I should also give props to my workfriends and colleagues, as I'd included some rounds on comedy in the lockdown/WFH quizzes I did for work - the HIGNFY question was recycled and reformatted from one of these quizzes.

The new quiz is up, and it's my questions this week! Good luck everyone, let us know how you do...
(Perhaps unsurprisingly, it was the first time I got 10/10!)

F**king Hell, got 8/10 and they were all guesses except Young Ones and Baddiel (which I wouldn't've known without the prompt and still nearly got wrong).