The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 739

Quote: Chappers @ 16th May 2022, 9:38 PM

Come on Southampton. Well we can't have them winning everything can we. They'd be unbearable.

Better if it goes to the last day
But that's not going to be an easy fixture.

Oh and unlucky Arsenal
If anyone can still mess it up it's Spurs, but I thought Arsenal had it in the bag a few weeks back

In this story about the footballer coming out as gay there was an unfortunate caption. "We're all behind you!"

Whatever happens Liverpool have taken the Premier league into the last day
which isn't easy nowadays with the Machine that is Man City

But to be two games left with still a chance for all trophies it has been a very impressive season from Klopps Liverpool
Jurgen has been great for the Premier league
Maybe in the same way that we all used to love Jose
But for the moment it's a fun ride

Forest Sheffield UTD going to penalties by the look of it

Well done Forest
I hope they go up, no offence Huddersfield

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 17th May 2022, 9:43 PM

Whatever happens Liverpool have taken the Premier league into the last day
which isn't easy nowadays with the Machine that is Man City

But to be two games left with still a chance for all trophies it has been a very impressive season from Klopps Liverpool
Jurgen has been great for the Premier league

What about his comments about booing Prince William.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 17th May 2022, 10:37 PM

Well done Forest
I hope they go up, no offence Huddersfield

The Daily Mail sports headline is that Forrest will play their first games in the premiership behind closed doors because of the head-butting fan.
Er... May 29th to get by first.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 18th May 2022, 9:32 PM

The Daily Mail sports headline is that Forrest will play their first games in the premiership behind closed doors because of the head-butting fan.

Cloughie would have punched his lights out
Wouldn't have even got the law involved

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 18th May 2022, 9:32 PM

Er... May 29th to get by first.

Yes I hope Forest win not just for their History but also because it's very tough for teams who don't get the Premier League Parachute payments
but as there's a Yorkshire team probably going down maybe it's right that they are replaced by another.

Made up for Everton now I want Leeds to pull off a spectacular. I don't dislike Burnley its just the Leeds are a f**k off big club with massive fan base and they deserve a bit of luck.

Didn't like the way (Dirty) Leeds played last time we met, so no tears from me if they go back down.
Very pleased for Everton, though

It was a game and a half thats for sure. Now its down to Frank to start a rebuild. We won't be near top 4 any time soon but we could do with a cup . The fans deserve one .

Yeah - I guess Frank's Chelsea connection will always engender a certain loyalty from me.
It would have been a pretty big blot on his copy-book if they'd gone down.

I doubt it, we were already in trouble so it was afire fighters role at best for anyone. He could not buy or sell, everything had to be done with the materials at hand. And they were already found wanting so it wouldn't be that much of blotter as people could see the limitations he faced.

But that's where top or budding managers excel.

It will be nice though if Huddersfield pass Leeds into different divisions.

Don't forget the weekend's other big match:

Live on BT Sport