The general pop/rock - music thread Page 230

CND might be fashionable again

Just booked my tickets to see Roxy Music in October.

All Those Years From Now
The autobiography of Paul McCartney
By Bally Miles
1. Liverpool and Hamburg
People always say John was the experimental, caustic one, and I was the nice one. But I could be pretty caustic too. And experimental.
2. Beatlemania
People think John was the caustic, experimental Beatle and I was the nice one. But I experimented! And I could be quite caustic as well sometimes.
3. The mature Beatles
It annoys me that people look back and it's like, John was caustic and experimental, because I could be pretty caustic myself... And experimental.
4. The 70s
Yeah, I know John had this reputation for being caustic and - I don't know, experimental. What people forget is that I was rather caustic too. Not to mention - experimental!
5. John's death
If there was one myth that came out of John's death, it was that he was the caustic, experimental Beatle. But what about me? Remember I could be caustic. I also experimented.

Kiki Dee and Carmello last Monday and Wilko (supported by Otway) last night!

I see that the rock band Sports Team have enlisted John Otway for their latest video.

I'd never heard of them before. However I looked them up.

The band have been described as holding unusual engagements with their fans, from their annual trips to Margate by coach where "fans, bands and booze collide for unscripted antics", and for taking "whole venues to the pub with them" after a show.

Similar things to what Otway does.

Tired of 70s disco? Get out the door.

I must stop listening to Madonna. I need a holiday. Celebrate.

I don't give a f**k how many f**king years it took 'Running Up That FUCKING Hill' to f**king get to f**king Number f**king One.

What is this song that you speak of, Michael?

It's a fantastic Kate Bush song that's been given a new lease of life by Season four of Stranger Things

Really? I didn't know. I had absof**kinglutely no f**king idea. Not like it's been all the f**k over every f**king Facef**kingbook f**king page for the last f**king week.

I do love to state the bleedin' obvious.

God I hate that friggin song

'caterwaul' always springs to mind

Painful

I have to leave the office if that shit ever comes on the radio

Run up the hill and dont bother f**kin coming back down again

Philistines, the lot of you.

It was used on some f**king shitty kids' show too.