I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,399

You'll not believe No 5.... as the spam goes.

Was going to mention a young (not old enough to have a beer, but old enough to buy a gun) white supremacist, with a history of mental illness, going on a racist shooting spree in America.
But it's not really news, is it?
More like business as usual.

Quote: Lazzard @ 16th May 2022, 3:23 PM

Was going to mention a young (not old enough to have a beer, but old enough to buy a gun) white supremacist, with a history of mental illness, going on a racist shooting spree in America.

There's a recent episode of South Park where the kids are in class being taught by teacher and a swat team burst in and there's bullets and stun grenades going off and screaming and shouting cos some kid is shooting up the place

And the kids and teacher don't bat an eyelid or pay the slightest attention- cos it's a regular occurrence!

Sadly theres some slight truthfulness in this scenario cos , as you say, it barely registers when you read one of these horror stories anymore

Quote: Lazzard @ 16th May 2022, 3:23 PM

Compare and contrast the reaction by the media and politicians to this crime and the nearly identical (racism, mass murder of innocent people, mental illness) attack in Waukesha.

Quote: DaButt @ 16th May 2022, 8:36 PM

Compare and contrast the reaction by the media and politicians to this crime and the nearly identical (racism, mass murder of innocent people, mental illness) attack in Waukesha.

Who gives a f**k about media reaction?

What this c**t did was absolutely f**king unbelievably evil and disgusting

Can we just focus on the fact you have home grown terrorists actively planning and streaming the premeditated murder of people just cos they're black

200 f**king miles this shit stain drove to go murder innocent people for one reason and one reason only - cos they have black skin

Wtf

It's 2022 , not 1822 and still these people have to put up with this bullshit

And all your concerned with is media reaction?

Ok! Whatever dude

Two court cases that nobody with any sense gives a toss about.

Rooney v Vardey and Depp v Heard.

Quote: lofthouse @ 16th May 2022, 9:40 PM

Who gives a f**k about media reaction?

Anyone who is concerned about the media's (and politicians') concerted effort to push the narrative that racism is widespread and growing - albeit only among citizens of a particular race and political party. It's dangerous and destructive to our society.

Can we just focus on the fact you have home grown terrorists actively planning and streaming the premeditated murder of people just cos they're black

It's terrible and tragic when someone's twisted beliefs (and often their mental illness) lead them to murder innocent people of any color, and that's why I pointed out the disparity between the media and political handling of the Buffalo incident (mental illness, mass murder, anti-Black racism) and the Waukesha incident (mental illness, mass murder, anti-White racism). One event was quickly memory-holed and forgotten, while the other is still front-page news, and politicians are scrambling to make statements and visits to the scene.

And all your concerned with is media reaction?

Our media - and that includes the social kind - is severely damaged and lacks credibility to an almost unimaginable degree. It shouldn't be difficult to provide (mostly) unbiased and truthful reporting, but such standards appear to have almost disappeared completely, and our country is worse off because of it.

I also mentioned politicians, and they're the ones who will attempt to restrict my rights and those of my fellow citizens. That's a very big deal to me.

DaButt's Simple Solution™

1. Politicians should lead and defend the nation, serve the citizenry, and leave hardworking, law-abiding citizens alone.
2. The media should tell the truth, avoid bias (especially political), and report honestly.
3. Politicians, the media, and Americans as a whole should strive to fix the mental health problem - without making it a political battle.

Quote: DaButt @ 16th May 2022, 10:37 PM

Anyone who is concerned about the media's (and politicians') concerted effort to push the narrative that racism is widespread and growing - albeit only among citizens of a particular race and political party. It's dangerous and destructive to our society.

It's terrible and tragic when someone's twisted beliefs (and often their mental illness) lead them to murder innocent people of any color, and that's why I pointed out the disparity between the media and political handling of the Buffalo incident (mental illness, mass murder, anti-Black racism) and the Waukesha incident (mental illness, mass murder, anti-White racism). One event was quickly memory-holed and forgotten, while the other is still front-page news, and politicians are scrambling to make statements and visits to the scene.

Our media - and that includes the social kind - is severely damaged and lacks credibility to an almost unimaginable degree. It shouldn't be difficult to provide (mostly) unbiased and truthful reporting, but such standards appear to have almost disappeared completely, and our country is worse off because of it.

I also mentioned politicians, and they're the ones who will attempt to restrict my rights and those of my fellow citizens. That's a very big deal to me.

DaButt's Simple Solution™

1. Politicians should lead and defend the nation, serve the citizenry, and leave hardworking, law-abiding citizens alone.
2. The media should tell the truth, avoid bias (especially political), and report honestly.
3. Politicians, the media, and Americans as a whole should strive to fix the mental health problem - without making it a political battle.

If you were to trawl out all that guff to the family of Pearly Young , I'm sure that would be of very, very little comfort to them at this time.

Pearly Young, 77, was killed today in #Buffalo shopping for groceries.

For 25 years she ran a pantry where every Saturday she fed people in Central Park. Every. Saturday.
She loved singing, dancing, & being with family.

She was mother, grandma, & missionary. Gone too soon

Quote: lofthouse @ 16th May 2022, 10:43 PM

If you were to trawl out all that guff to the family of Pearly Young , I'm sure that would be of very, very little comfort to them at this time.

One man's guff is the rest of the world's truth.

Is this grandmother's obituary any less poignant or worthy of mention than Pearly's?

Born September 15, 1942, Ginny had spirit for life from a young age. She met her husband at a church gathering, taught him how to do the French "Can-Can," and he was hooked.

Ginny found her calling as a registered nurse, as she graduated from Milwaukee School of Nursing and remained in healthcare until her last day. In addition to caring for people, she adored caring for furry friends, from horses and chickens to dogs and cats. Gardening was a passion, but her greatest joy was dancing, especially with her best friends in the Dancing Grannies. She also knew how to throw a party. Family was everything to Ginny, and Ginny was everything to her family. She sparkled her way through life, sharing God's love with all she met. As she would say, "May angels watch over you."

I've not read much on here about how a spotty youth can get hold of an assault weapon and as much ammo as he can carry to commit this crime.
But I have read a lot in the media about Americans wanting 'concealed carry' laws to be for everyone.
They seem to think it's an equilibrium if everyone has a gun.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 17th May 2022, 7:56 AM

They seem to think it's an equilibrium if everyone has a gun.

And they're proved wrong on a near weekly basis. https://www.gunviolencearchive.org

They are operating off a Constitution that was written when people lived in log cabins the middle of nowhere and there was potentially an Indian or a outlaw behind every bush. All they had to do was state that the right to bare arms was only in places where law and order was yet to be established.

In a Hospital surgery it's mandatory to bare arms.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 17th May 2022, 9:42 AM

They are operating off a Constitution that was written when people lived in log cabins the middle of nowhere and there was potentially an Indian or a outlaw behind every bush. All they had to do was state that the right to bare arms was only in places where law and order was yet to be established.

Yeah, and when it was muskets that took 5 minutes to load - not 20 rounds per second.

I'd love to see the photographs the DUP have of Boris Johnson.