BCG Fantasy Premier League 2021/22 Page 90

You must be looking at the League of Gentleman
Godot is in Up the Clique without a Paddle ( soon to be renamed the Eura no hoper league )
( you are in that one too )

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 13th May 2022, 12:46 PM

You must be looking at the League of Gentleman
Godot is in Up the Clique without a Paddle ( soon to be renamed the Eura no hoper league )
( you are in that one too )

Yus.

It all makes sense now.

Ok Chaps
It's the last two weeks of the season so all to play for
If anyone is going to catch Don then my money is on the Radish, especially if he remembers which league he is in.

But we all have to congratulate Don,
In this day and age with the price of petrol the platinum subscription to the Fantasy hints & tips website is not cheap
so fair play

Drat, I only bought the bronze sub - knew it was a false economy.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 14th May 2022, 1:04 AM

Ok Chaps

Well I'm going for it - never say die

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 12th May 2022, 11:44 PM

Billy, is there any reason why you didn't vote in the league naming competition? With your contribution we could've been quorate and got a representative vote out. You posted all through my reminders so I don't think you saying you were unaware is credible.

I did vote initially as you know but you then pointed out that I needed to put all 25 suggestions in preferred order rather than just my first choice, which I hadn't appreciated. That is a rather onerous task (even Eurovision doesn't ask its juries to do that) - especially if one approaches it with due consideration rather than just cut & pasting at random - and it's been a busy few weeks for me, what with Newmarket, Chester & York. I was intending to sort it out this coming week but it seems I've missed the deadline (I don't believe you gave a closing date) .

However, according to your earlier post, only three people voted correctly and you were able to concoct the votes for three others (although from what you say it could be argued that they were spoilt votes and therefore not valid). There are 13 members of the league other than yourself plus one who resigned halfway through (you say Anton & Ben appear to have dropped out but they both made transfers for the last gameweek) and only three voted correctly. So not sure it is fair to put the blame only on me for the failure to attain a quorum.

Ok Chaps
If anyone is going to catch Don then my money is on the Radish, especially if he remembers which league he is in.

But we all have to congratulate Don,
In this day and age with the price of petrol the platinum subscription to the Fantasy hints & tips website is not cheap
so fair play

I will take this as a compliment.

But my fear is that you are just hoping your comment will lead me into trying something highly irregular.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th May 2022, 9:50 AM

WOW!! 170!! Well done Godot..........

Thanks Herc. I started the game week 31 points behind Anton and finished it 70 points in front of him. I can't complain about that, although to be honest I did expect to get a bit more - around 200. My parade has been well and truly rained on by the freakish De Bruyne result, but you can't have everything. This game is always two or three steps forward, one back.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th May 2022, 9:50 AM

WOW!! 170!! Me? Up and down like a whore's draws - off the bottom again for a second time in as many weeks. Yes, typical - my team with bench boost did nearly 100 points short of yours.

On the other hand, two of the three transfers you made this week brought returns and Jansson was actually the highest scoring defender.

My advice this week is sell Fernandes and buy Son.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 13th May 2022, 10:05 AM

Yeah, some feat that.

Thanks, but it was just luck.

You can pick a good team, which I've done the majority of weeks, but what you get is luck.

Was definitely a good week though - and I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it. I've also gone first in the H2H and must be favourite to win that now.
I didn't look unfortunately, but when I was ranked 3153 before the City game I must have been #1 in the Spurs Fan League the hacker twat put me in. One in the eye for him if he noticed.

Ok Chaps

You could actually finish third overall if you pick some good differentials and there are some goals. Anton's also got his 2nd Free Hit chip and will be playing it, as well as Kipper.

Well I am playing in the League of Gentlemen so as far as I am aware I still have bronze.

I have made some brave decisions this week in an attempt at silver.

Thus, yus, it remains to be seen who will be saying with justification paid ā chodi pais wedi pisio, pen pidlan gawsog.

Doesn't it. .

Personally I am expecting all other efforts to be fel rhech jet.

But anyhow, pob lwc i chi!

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.As9cHWW7HJfdN7Zveb1_SAHaEd?w=291&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&pid=1.7

Talking of the League of Gentlemen, I see we've now reached the semi-finals of the cup.

I'm up against Uproar & Turmoil this week, having beaten A Kick in the Grass in the last 16 and Real Betys in the quarter finals.

The other sem-final is between Goodboys AFC and Shotgun Blues

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 14th May 2022, 11:14 AM

My advice this week is sell Fernandes and buy Son.

Thank you G, but I'd already used my Free, so Son has cost me 4, and I've given him the armband over Salah, who I've lost faith in again.

You will be hearing from my solicitor, if your advice is proven to be incorrect.

It wouldn't surprise in the least if Fernandes does a "De Bruyne" +, as it's been the story of my season.

Broon, Broin, Broinya, Brunya. Broonya,..........Kevan...........Kievin..........Keeeeeevin.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 14th May 2022, 2:35 PM

Talking of the League of Gentlemen, I see we've now reached the semi-finals of the cup.

I'm up against Uproar & Turmoil this week, having beaten A Kick in the Grass in the last 16 and Real Betys in the quarter finals.

The other sem-final is between Goodboys AFC and Shotgun Blues

I had absolutely no idea about the cup games or that I was in the semi final.
Where is that info?

Edit: I found it thanks. I see I beat the mighty Don in the last round.... Up the Goodboys.

You can pick a good team, which I've done the majority of weeks,

Even if you do say so yourself

but what you get is luck.

*Shows highlight reel of Godot's reaction to other peoples luck in this and previous seasons runs out of Asterisks
And I'm not just talking about when his account get's hacked by supervillains or he forgets that he hasn't played his Wildcard, or when the season starts