I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,396

Whether he lied himself or whether someone lied on his behalf, he knew what was being said and he knew full well the truth of the matter. But he did not admit the reality until such time as he was left with no alternative. "Being economical with the truth" I think is the expresion.

Still confused as to why anyone would lie about Angela Rayner's presence at a perfectly legal gathering.
Anyway, it's in the hands of the Durham constabulary now.
Again.
I await BJ's matching offer to resign in the post.
Shan't hold my breath though.

He won't stand down if these two do, he'll see it as a win. Don't forget he is yet to brazen out the Sue Gray report and additional fines, and he will have a go at it. If he gets away with that. Then by the time the Durham verdicts in, he will be expected to do what he does. That's how he gets away with half the shit he does, people now expect him to lie and refuse to accept responsibility. What lofty political heights we have reached.

The meeting of all those people should never of happened. It was pre-booked and planned with memos to prove that. Why do you think it was perfectly legal considering the rules at the time? In fact Kier wanted the strict rules to be stronger and longer.
But you should enter the Derby with those blinkers you use. He and Ang constantly called for Boris to go.
Talk about getting bitten in he arse'..

Stephen we agree they should all stand down and let someone with a modicum of integrity take their places. I'd like Andy Burnham and Ed Milliband as my replacements , who do fancy Gove Truss or Patel?

Quote: Lazzard @ 9th May 2022, 7:03 PM

Still confused as to why anyone would lie about Angela Rayner's presence

To be fair, if anyone had seen me fraternising with Angela Rayner, I'd lie about it too.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 9th May 2022, 8:22 PM

Why do you think it was perfectly legal considering the rules at the time? .

Because the police said it was?

Why is everyone still assuming a QC would be wrong about breaking the law ? His speech about all politicians not being the same seems clear. Starmer is to Boris what Biden was to Trump, boring but (relatively) honest. I'd rather a boring QC than an entertaining clown ran the country.

Quote: Firkin @ 9th May 2022, 11:35 PM

Why is everyone still assuming a QC would be wrong about breaking the law ? His speech about all politicians not being the same seems clear. Starmer is to Boris what Biden was to Trump, boring but (relatively) honest. I'd rather a boring QC than an entertaining clown ran the country.

Trouble is, while Boris and Trump are very similar in that they're both shameless scumbags, Boris isn't quite as dislikeable as Trump. Boris can at least fake being a human being and therefore isn't as hated by voters.

Quote: chipolata @ 10th May 2022, 10:19 AM

Trouble is, while Boris and Trump are very similar in that they're both shameless scumbags, Boris isn't quite as dislikeable as Trump. Boris can at least fake being a human being and therefore isn't as hated by voters.

Trump wasn't hated by voters.
Frighteningly popular as it happens.
They're both the same.
Both pressing the same buttons.

He's a phony.

This is no lie. My mate says that in 1972 the so called people's man Keir went to a counselling group. There he met Harriet the so called people's woman. That group - according to my mate - was to help individuals who had peculiar surnames which they found difficult to come to terms with. She was actually born Harriet Har and he was actually born Keir Mer.

So what the course leaders did once they had calmed them both down with loads of pills was play them David Bowie's Starman. Then they were forced when under electrodes to each pick one part of that title and add it to their surname. She chose man and added that at the end of her Har. He went for Star and placed that at the beginning of his Mer. So how on that basis can you believe anything that geezer says?

Also my mate says that the f**keen Dominic f**keen Raab ain't no f**keen Dominic f**keen Raab at all. He was f**keen born Dominic Arab weren't he you knob. Ten years after f**keen Har and Mer went to that f**keen counselling group, so did f**keen Arab didn't he. The wanker. By then they had changed their techniques.

They had shifted from pills, electrodes and a shock and awe application of the album The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars towards an anagram and Thatcherite money based approach. You had to alter the letters of your surname or else have all your family's life savings handed over to the banking industry. Arab became f**keen Raab inside three seconds didn't 'e. Everyone is just a tosser.

Quote: Lazzard @ 10th May 2022, 10:30 AM

Trump wasn't hated by voters.
Frighteningly popular as it happens.
They're both the same.
Both pressing the same buttons.

Popular with voters eh? That's a very serious indictment. Especially in a democracy.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 10th May 2022, 11:23 AM

Popular with voters eh? That's a very serious indictment. Especially in a democracy.

I hadn't realised it before but you really are a combination of the late Derek Hatton and Peregrine Worsthorne aren't you.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 10th May 2022, 11:32 AM

I hadn't realised it before but you really are a combination of the late Derek Hatton and Peregrine Worsthorne aren't you.

Funny you should say that. I once sat directly behind one of those gentlemen - I forget which - at Plough Lane when Wimbledon played Everton. And Michael Foot when they played Plymouth. And mingled with Jack Straw on Blackburn railway station after a match. It's probable that their politics rubbed off on me.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 10th May 2022, 11:23 AM

It wasn't an indictment - it was a correction to the previous point that Trump was hated by voters.
They are similar in the fact that the majority of voters didn't want them, though.
So there is some hope.