Dr Who, woke bollocks or not? Page 4

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 9th May 2022, 9:02 AM

- kept me awake all last night.

I imagine it was your prostate did that. ;)

In the next episode a trans Dalek in a wheelchair is their new leader, who apologises for all their exterminating of the past and offers to convert them all into handy vacuum cleaners as reparations.

And some rainbow-coloured Daleks.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 9th May 2022, 10:45 AM

And some rainbow-coloured Daleks.

That's so last decade, darling.

Quote: chipolata @ 9th May 2022, 10:14 AM

I imagine it was your prostate did that. ;)

Nah, had that checked four times now - the problem lies with a permanent erection.

It's been hilarious seeing all the racists lose their minds over this. It's funny how they were all 'Cast a Doctor on talent alone', then after they cast a literal BAFTA winner, cry 'Woke'!. I think he's brilliant in Sex Education and with Russell T Davies, the best screenwriter currently working in television, I have high hopes for the new series.

When I see photos of Ncuti Gatwa with a moustache he reminds me of Johnson from Peep Show. And Johnson from Peep Show would have been an awesome Doctor Who.

I think the casting should reflect the country as a (w)hole.
Some old white bloke shouting at the telly.

Sorry, no jokes allowed, I forgot.

Mine was a joke.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 9th May 2022, 10:26 AM

In the next episode a trans Dalek in a wheelchair is their new leader, who apologises for all their exterminating of the past and offers to convert them all into handy vacuum cleaners as reparations.

Aren't they really in wheelchairs already?

Quote: chipolata @ 9th May 2022, 6:48 AM

I haven't watched it for a bit, but anybody know how they got around the fact that timelords are only supposed to regenerate 12 times? This is the 14th regeneration.

Yes but with time and space what's a number - and how do we know which one was first?

I have never watched Dr Who but I am given to believe he can move around in time? If that's the case then the people having trouble with a black gay Doctor would do well to watch the repeats from the 60's and simply see it as being now.
As far as I'm concerned most of the doctors I have ever seen including the ones who saved my life were mostly black so I'm all for it to be honest.

Surely we're not the target market for the new Dr Who ? Most people favour the Dr that was on when they were at school. Diversity is big in schools currently, so this guy is the obvious choice. When his family left sun drenched Rwanda they could emigrated to the Bahamas or Hawaii but they chose Scotland, like a good Common Wealth patriarch, how British is that ?

You're making far too much sense, Firkin.

Who plays the Doctor is almost irrelevant, it's whether RT Davis can rediscover his mojo and inject some zing back into the show.