Taskmaster Page 11

Really enjoyed the stag night task and Chris Ramsey got great value out of the 'No Way!' in the shoe task.

Shoe who?

This series has generally been pretty good so far, but this week's episode wasn't up to much IMO.
I tend to prefer the creative tasks, rather than the ones where it's like a child's birthday party game or a practical science experiment.

I've always assumed that Stewart Lee married Bridget Christie ironically, and his decision to raise a family with her for the last decade was just an elaborate bit.

But now I get it. She's totally lovely!

So another series comes to a close. My main takeaway is that Bridget Christie is the absolute best.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 17th June 2022, 12:30 PM

So another series comes to a close. My main takeaway is that Bridget Christie is the absolute best.

That bit where they showed her walk was lovely, and it's a testament to the show that it didn't feel nasty. Entirely celebratory.

One of the funniest series so far, I think. Loved everyone.
I'm sad the the champion of champions next week is only one episode. :(

So, what does everyone think of the new line up?
Dara O Briain
Sarah Millican
John Kearns
Fern Brady
Munya Chawawa

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 23rd June 2022, 10:27 PM

So, what does everyone think of the new line up?
Dara O Briain
Sarah Millican
John Kearns
Fern Brady
Munya Chawawa

Dara O Briain - Should be a natural for this sort of thing. A promising choice.

Sarah Millican - er, not so keen, but we'll see.

John Kearns - Might be good. He's already got practice for doing peculiar tasks from his 'Guestimation Unknown' bits on Guessable. (For instance, seeing who can fill a pint glass with moisturizer the quickest between him and Gyles Brandreth)!

I'm not familiar with Fern Brady or Munya Chawawa.

Oh, and I thought tonight's Champion of Champions was OK. Favourite bit was - avoiding spoilers - what Ed Gamble did for the first task.

Good mix of contestants in the new series. Dara is the standout, John Kearns is hilariously bad. The other three are good value, lots of laughs out loud moments last night.

Yes, but what a big headed knob that Munya Chawawa is.

With the laminator - came on bragging he knew all about it, and then proceeds first of all to put the sheet of paper in the laminator without a pouch, then realises his mistake and put the paper and pouch in together but not the paper inside the pouch - I presume Alex then showed him what a prat he was being and how to do it.

Don't know him, never heard of him and have gone right off him, the effin' twat. An embarrassment.

Really enjoyed tonight - the making of a song from 5 words was a hoot.

I thought Fern was particularly funny this episode, the sadistic joy she took in torturing Alex, as well as telling him to f*ck off during the trolly task. John was great value too, that tube task!

Compatative dad.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 28th October 2022, 10:34 AM

I thought Fern was particularly funny this episode,!

Glad to see her wearing a short skirt again, as she has fabulous legs - I'm in love.

Funniest bit for me though, was knob Munya Chawawa, bounding around the stage shouting L L L L L , then had to count on his fingers to find that J was the letter before K. What a big-head he is.