BCG Fantasy Premier League 2021/22 Page 86

Has Holding ever been booked for holding?

Only when Willian was put into bowl.

Horse, thou shalt be beaten in this week's H2H.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 2nd May 2022, 12:33 PM

Horse, thou shalt be beaten in this week's H2H.

Oh no.

A frustrating game week for many finally ends with an unexpected Man United home victory against Brentford.

And we have a new manager of the month for April. Don Rushmore continues his winning streak. Congratulations to Don. Presentation and press statements tomorrow.

Oh yus.

Jolly well done to Ron.

He's only gone and done it again.

The presentation took place today for the Clique Manager of the Month for April which was won by Fork&sheet⚡️Lightnin's Don Rushmore.

Don was typically magnanimous in victory pointing out that although he won the trophy last month and in November, December and February, it was still very nearly possibly a close run thing. He spoke of his hope that others would be inspired by his example and step up to the plate as he was running out of doors that needed holding open.

Praise for Don
The trophy was presented by model and actress Donna Baldhaven, who said she knew nothing about football but didn't feel excluded from the conversation. She said of Don; "He doesn't say very much but I knew he was a winner as soon as they told me to give him the trophy". Runner up for April MOTM and previous League winner Steve Sunshine said; "Don's played a straight bat which is weird 'cause you don't have a bat in football and I really have no idea who keyed his car."

Tragedy
Don generously put £200 behind the bar, which went some way towards paying Godot's drinks bill.

Manager of the Month - April 2022: Don Rushmore

Baldhaven, chortle.
Congrats again Don.

Laughs from me
Not just because I got a mention
But mostly because I got a mention

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 3rd May 2022, 9:17 PM

The presentation took place today for the Clique Manager of the Month for April which was won by Fork&sheet⚡️Lightnin's Don Rushmore.

Don was typically magnanimous in victory pointing out that although he won the trophy last month and in November, December and February, it was still very nearly possibly a close run thing. He spoke of his hope that others would be inspired by his example and step up to the plate as he was running out of doors that needed holding open.

:D

Thank you, Godot!

I enjoy winning MOTM because your words, on some level, feel like a little prize.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 3rd May 2022, 9:17 PM

Praise for Don
The trophy was presented by model and actress Donna Baldhaven, who said she knew nothing about football but didn't feel excluded from the conversation. She said of Don; "He doesn't say very much but I knew he was a winner as soon as they told me to give him the trophy". Runner up for April MOTM and previous League winner Steve Sunshine said; "Don's played a straight bat which is weird 'cause you don't have a bat in football and I really have no idea who keyed his car."

Laughing out loud

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 3rd May 2022, 10:14 PM

Congrats again Don.

Cheers, SG. Gonna celebrate tonight with a few sherbets.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 3rd May 2022, 11:47 PM

Laughs from me
Not just because I got a mention
But mostly because I got a mention

Where's my well done? Cold as charity this thread.

Ok
Well done

Congratulations. But don't get carried away:

Ta, Bill.

I'll actually be leaving Fork&Sheet Lightnin' at the end of the season (mutual consent) to join Clockwise Titans.

Quote: don rushmore @ 4th May 2022, 12:30 AM

Thank you, Godot!

I enjoy winning MOTM because your words, on some level, feel like a little prize.

My pleasure Don. Just a reminder that I will be handing out gongs for the following in the next couple of weeks.

• The overall winners' cup/prize
• The prize for the best funny pic
• The prize for the best joke
• The prize for the best bit of football analysis/rant (this can be serious or comedic)

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 4th May 2022, 9:02 PM

Congratulations. But don't get carried away:

Pic of Rafa

Pic of a homeless man standing next to Marcus Rashford

Pic of Fat Frank

?

I think it's unfair to include Rafa in his toon incarnation. He had no resources but was popular with the fans.

This is all very well so far as it goes but I don't think that is a picture of the real Ron.

It's Oliver Reed.