The all-in-one consolidated snooker thread Page 9

Quote: Oldrocker @ 7th May 2012, 12:27 AM BST

No need to be.

I wouldn't want her to ever give me a rest.

I'd 'pot her pink' any day !

:P

The red is obscuring the pink, so he shoots the white into the difficult brown.

Terry Griffiths accidentally swears

Mark Selby!!!!!!!

Was planning spending whole BH weekend watching snooker on box but just seen the semi final line up. :( Thorburn v Griffiths would be more exciting. But could be a yellow ball final with Ming v Fu Man Chu to spice it up. Hope to see some serious cheating going on. Bet they've got their cues loaded with poisoned darts already. Ah looking forward to it now. :)

I gave up with snooker, which I used to enjoy, the day I watched many years ago, a referee re-spot a ball four times because the guy trying to get out of a snooker hadn't quite played it hard enough to touch a red ball, which he came very close to - ruined the game for me.

What a stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid rule - what's the matter with penalising 4 points and giving his opponent a free shot? Simple and over with quickly.

I agree the miss rule needs to be updated. The ref doesn't have to call a miss if he thinks the player made the best effort they could to escape the snooker but most arn't brave enough to use their own judgement and just automatically call a miss everytime. The refs who did call it the way they saw it are all retired now.

I love snooker and have been watching/playing it since I was a nipper. I used to work at a snooker club and would play all the ex pros who had knocked in 147s but I spent most of my time at the bar :D

This years world championship isn't looking like it will be an exiting final which is a shame because I always stay in all weekend to watch it. John Higgins is my favourite player but yet again he missed an easy pot last night which would have made it a 12-12 final frame decider. Also this year a lot more players than usual are acting like prima donnas and complaining the table is rubbish. Maybe they just arn't playing that well. Shock horror!

Yesterday Hazel Irvine said 'this is a brutal sport.' Did I miss them beating each other up with their cues?

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 28th April 2016, 7:18 PM BST

I agree the miss rule needs to be updated. The ref doesn't have to call a miss if he thinks the player made the best effort they could to escape the snooker but most arn't brave enough to use their own judgement and just automatically call a miss everytime. The refs who did call it the way they saw it are all retired now.

Glad you agree :) and your explanation of why makes a lot of sense, so these "new" refs need to take things in hand the cowards as they are, in my eyes, ruining the game.

And just to make my point, I happened to watch a bit of a frame the other night only to see the ref call a miss 5 TIMES!........what a load of crap - totally ruined the game and convinced me even more not to watch ever again.

A vintage championship so far, no? And finally a guaranteed final with the most watchable players, no disrespect to the borefester of Leicester, but the A listers have got through this year. ?

Quote: Loopey @ 2nd May 2016, 9:57 AM

Yesterday Hazel Irvine said 'this is a brutal sport.' Did I miss them beating each other up with their cues?

Not since Alex Higgins retired

Great comeback by WIlliams
He's taken it to a decider against Trump having been 7 - 1 down earlier on

"This is where you need the clarity of thought to think clearly" - Shaun Murphy

That's a double kiss. Shame Williams didn't quite make it but I think he'd have come 2nd to the rocket man here. I get the feeling he's just doing a favour for the organisers, keeping it going into a final session, where he'll just open up and scorch home.

"Things that can happen on a snooker table, 12 foot long, 6 foot wide" - John Virgo