Inside No. 9 - Series 7 Page 2

Quote: Lazzard @ 22nd April 2022, 9:42 AM

You reckon?
I always thought passed over to "the other side" meant dead.

"The other side" can only mean death if it's somebody alive referring to it. But if it's "death" talking, then "the other side" clearly can't be death. It must be "alive".

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 22nd April 2022, 10:07 AM

"The other side" can only mean death if it's somebody alive referring to it. But if it's "death" talking, then "the other side" clearly can't be death. It must be "alive".

I would call that a bit of a stretch - but certainly not impossible.
And it leaves what happened to the others in limbo (to excuse another death based analogy).
No - I think poor writing is the ultimate conclusion.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 22nd April 2022, 10:07 AM

On reflection, (seen on the pond ?) I'm wondering if he was alone all the time and the other three were in his imagination as they were anti post uni get togethers, whereas he was dead (!) keen for them to meet again, and that would explain the empty pedo as he looked back as Charon was taking him to the other side. Also, what the f**k was he looking at, as he walked away from the jetty? I was hoping it would be some sort of explanation, and can't help feeling the writers wanted this too, but ran out of ideas to finalise it.

It's funny (!) how some find it very funny and others, like me, wondering where the humour was.

Diane Morgan brought the humour. Mentioning her fanny as her first line and farting as she had a wee.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 22nd April 2022, 11:01 AM

Diane Morgan brought the humour.

Agreed.
Hoping for a better all-round effort in the weeks to come.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 22nd April 2022, 11:01 AM

Diane Morgan brought the humour. Mentioning her fanny as her first line and farting as she had a wee.

Ah yes, I did laugh at that, but then, it appeals to my sense of post war toilet humour, or was she being ironic.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 22nd April 2022, 10:44 AM

I was hoping it would be some sort of explanation, and can't help feeling the writers wanted this too, but ran out of ideas to finalise it.

It's funny (!) how some find it very funny and others, like me, wondering where the humour was.

As I said...

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 22nd April 2022, 8:57 AM

I think, if you spend half an hour watching a programme and are none the wiser at the end, it probably isn't worth bothering to watch in the future.

and...

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 21st April 2022, 10:32 PM

What I don't understand is why anybody considers it a comedy.

I'm guessing you didn't enjoy it, BB?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 22nd April 2022, 10:44 AM

Also, what the f**k was he looking at, as he walked away from the jetty?

At the very end? It was his dead wife, she said his name.

I honestly don't think it was as confusing as some of these posts are making it out to be!

Quote: zooo @ 22nd April 2022, 2:34 PM

I honestly don't think it was as confusing as some of these posts are making it out to be!

That bit wasn't.
Personally, I think it was all pretty clear apart from what he died og.

I think at that point I'd unconsciously switched off, losing the will to live, as I was.

3/10 Yellow Star - must try harder.

Was the '100 years of our BBC' banner at each end a dig?

A dig by the Beeb rather than Steve & Reece.
Nadine's on the warpath!

Well, I've listened to the end again, and must say you have bloody good hearing as I all I hear is a faint female voice say "Simon" (I think), whereas Reece's character was called Laurence.
So I'm even more confused. ?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th April 2022, 12:20 PM

Well, I've listened to the end again, and must say you have bloody good hearing as I all I hear is a faint female voice say "Simon" (I think), whereas Reece's character was called Laurence.
So I'm even more confused. ?

Well you've made me go back and watch it again now. She definitely says Laurence. :D (I also looked at the subtitles, which also say Laurence.)