British Comedy Quiz Page 4

Mark's PM is working so please put any Q&As to him for potential publication in the quizzes for May. I'm sure members will get some sort of credit for any selected, although I've not asked that Q.

So sharpen your wits and pencils and take an active part in compiling the BCQ, roll up, roll up...

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 16th April 2022, 9:25 AM

A reminder, Plate and all quizzers on here if you want to see your own British Comedy Quiz Qs on this very quiz then get them in to Mark or Aaron via the BCG email contact or PM if that facility is working now. Obviously don't post them here. I'm still working on a few of me own to send in. Happy quiz constructing. ?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 16th April 2022, 2:55 PM

Mark's PM is working so please put any Q&As to him for potential publication in the quizzes for May. I'm sure members will get some sort of credit for any selected, although I've not asked that Q.

So sharpen your wits and pencils and take an active part in compiling the BCQ, roll up, roll up...

Thanks Alfred, will do!
Does this mean everyone's PMs are working now, then?

Quote: a plate @ 17th April 2022, 6:22 PM

Does this mean everyone's PMs are working now, then?

Should be - Aaron and I did some tests about a week ago and it all worked fine, after we(he) ironed out a minor problem on emojis.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 17th April 2022, 11:02 PM

Should be - Aaron and I did some tests about a week ago and it all worked fine, after we(he) ironed out a minor problem on emojis.

Thanks Hercules.

Sent a couple of Q/A's to Mark earlier BTW.

As for this week's quiz- it says "We predict you'll get 7 out of 10 this time. Let's see..."
I got 6!
But I could've got 7 if that cropped picture one hadn't thrown me!

I got 9 with no guesses.
The fag ends are a big clue in that one.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 16th April 2022, 2:55 PM

Mark's PM is working so please put any Q&As to him for potential publication in the quizzes for May. **I'm sure members will get some sort of credit for any selected, although I've not asked that Q.**

**Have you now? I have a sheet of a dozen very hard/hard/easy ones, half pictorial - some new, some unused ones from OC, but I'll not bother if they disappear into some sort of mix.

On credits, I've asked it now, awaiting the reply, but this is being given by Mark as a favour, who has enough to do with other stuff - I'm personally not wanting to burden him with having to say who supplied each question. If egos need gratifying surely you don't think the question setters will not be pointing out 'that was my one, that was.' I know I will be. ? Nine days left to get any in.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 21st April 2022, 11:58 PM

A bit concerned about the very hard ones you have. Feedback so far on a the few Qs coming in is - they are good but on the hard side. A good quiz needs a fair balance from easy, medium to hard. It's not a competition to get the most incorrect answers of anyone - if quizzers can't get any right, they'll lose interest in doing it.

Yeah, that's fair enough. I already know at least one of my submissions (the Young Ones question) falls into that category! So I'm bearing that in mind, to make the questions a bit more general, rather than asking people to recall a specific bit of dialogue from one brief scene, and such like.

A bit concerned about the very hard ones you have.

Depends on how you define very hard - you don't want questions like who was Del Boy? Some of the BCG quiz questions are clearly very hard.

If egos need gratifying surely you don't think the question setters will not be pointing out 'that was my one, that was.' I know I will be. ? Nine days left to get any in.

I like a fluff as much as the next man. ?

I'll shove my dozen in and see what happens.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 22nd April 2022, 10:50 AM

Depends on how you define very hard - you don't want questions like who was Del Boy?

Well I think you do want a couple like that just to give some quizzers a chance of getting some right, yes. This quiz usually starts off with 3 or 4 very gettable ones and gets harder on the last few. But only the last five on a 15 (which not everyone will see) would I call very hard. (I've just done this week's quiz and got 9 & 1 which proves my point.)

Just 3/10 for me this week (the Weds 27th April set), questions 1, 3 and 9. Pretty tough! I could've done with a couple of 'who was Del Boy?' ones there!

Is the next lot going to be the first set of 'reader's wives'? Er, I mean, 'reader's contributions?' You know, the Q and A's sent in by us?

Yes that was a hard one, 4 and 0 for me, but then it was a special edition so to be expected. Yes I think ours are coming soon, not sure if the next one but possibly the one after and I believe the doors are open for more so get question setting, Plate and others. In doing mine I did find they seemed harder after I'd compiled them than I thought they were doing them, but we'll see how people do, and I'm sure I'll get told.

Oh, EDIT on that last post, mine are up. Thanks Mark. Happy quizzing, hope you all get some.

5 & 3 - not bad - especially the 3