What are you watching on TV? Page 2,230

Enjoyed the House of Maxwell last night. Captain Bob was a massive crook but he was also strangely likeable. Far more so than his arch rival Rupert Murdoch.

Quote: chipolata @ 5th April 2022, 10:11 AM

Captain Bob was a massive crook but he was also strangely likeable.

I hate Murdoch too; BUT...........................

Robert Maxwell was a money-grubbing thief, so don't get romantic about him being a latter-day Robin Hood - he was though, (can't resist this) a Robbing Hood.

He came to Ipswich as the saviour of local engineering giant Ransomes & Rapier (the massive walking dragline, amongst other large engineering) and was allowed to take the 118-year-old company over, only for him plunder the pension fund, leaving hundreds of workers with nothing to retire on.

NO - he was a nasty, nasty piece of work, and may he rot in hell, the bastard, and I hope his horrid daughter Ghislaine and the rest of his spawn, join him.

I spit on his grave

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th April 2022, 10:56 AM

NO - he was a nasty, nasty piece of work, and may he rot in hell, the bastard, and I hope his horrid daughter Ghislaine and the rest of his spawn, join him.

I spit on his grave

Apart from that, though....

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th April 2022, 10:56 AM

I hate Murdoch too; BUT...........................

Robert Maxwell was a money-grubbing thief, so don't get romantic about him being a latter-day Robin Hood

You need to start reading people's posts properly and stop missing the point, Herc! You know, the thing you're always accusing other posters of doing. ;)

I said he was a crook but had a likeable quality. Which he did have. Nothing about Robin Hood or romanticising his crimes.

Quote: Lazzard @ 5th April 2022, 11:13 AM

Apart from that, though....

He was a f**king c**t too ?

Quote: chipolata @ 5th April 2022, 11:40 AM

You need to start reading people's posts properly and stop missing the point, Herc! You know, the thing you're always accusing other posters of doing. ;)

I said he was a crook but had a likeable quality. Which he did have. Nothing about Robin Hood or romanticising his crimes.

No, sorry, I did read your post and fair point, but whenever I see that bastard's name mentioned, the red mist descends.

There were family's lives destroyed financially just so that c**t could buy a bigger yacht.

A program on Smithsonian about how the navy came about.
And, how they went to the toilet in the early days.

They stuck their arses over the edge, had a shite and then pulled up a rope dangling in the sea that had a piece of cloth fastened at the end to clean up.
Then dropped it back in the water for the next man.
This cloth was called a tow-rag and was used as an insult....eventually being spelled toerag.

I thought that was where the poop deck got its name ? (puts emoji in case someone thinks I'm serious)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th April 2022, 12:16 PM

He was a f**king c**t too ?

No, sorry, I did read your post and fair point, but whenever I see that bastard's name mentioned, the red mist descends.

There were family's lives destroyed financially just so that c**t could buy a bigger yacht.

Fortunately it wasn't quite big enough.

All con men are "likeable".That's how they work.

Just discovered an Audience with Bob Monkhouse on ITV3.

The Island on Dave - I literally have an hour to kill

Certainly ticks all the boxes

Apart from the one labelled Funny

Quote: fasty @ 10th April 2022, 10:30 PM

The Island on Dave - I literally have an hour to kill

Certainly ticks all the boxes

Apart from the one labelled Funny

Ah Dave...

The home of new, original and deeply SHITE comedy

I've found Department S * on London Live so I'm recording them.

Totally unbelievable escapism. Jason King (Peter Wyngard) keeps chatting up beautiful women.

Isla Blair in it and still acting to this day. Rosemary Nichols, the female lead seems to have retired from acting a while ago. Also featuring Dave Prowse and Von Smallhausen.

* I like the band with the same name too!

It is very interesting!

I'm so excited about the new Dr Who, I'm having a party last week.

Better Call Saul. The prequel to Breaking Bad.

It is a brilliant series and is set before Breaking Bad happened.
It is supposed to be the run-up to Breaking Bad and explain how the characters got to be in that show.

But the problem with prequels is the characters are supposed to be 6 years younger whereas in real life they are 10 years older.
So these wrinkly people will suddenly morph in smooth-skinned people in one episode.

And the in other spin off El Camino, which was set during the Breaking bad era, Todd was suddenly fat as a boat horse.