BCG Fantasy Premier League 2021/22 Page 69

Quote: jphellpool @ 5th March 2022, 9:18 AM

Will probably regret it, but I've opted against using my triple captain again. This time in favour of the free hit.

Good luck all.

Yes, and I find myself in exactly the same position, thinking I may use it next week. (DOH!.............I've revealed my Master Plan - no wonder I get nowhere)

Another double game week (of sorts), another splurge of points on transfers. No choice really as I used my free hits on injury ravaged weeks.

I do wonder how the very top players deal with game weeks where they only have half a team available.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th March 2022, 9:40 AM

Yes, and I find myself in exactly the same position, thinking I may use it next week. (DOH!.............I've revealed my Master Plan - no wonder I get nowhere)

Like I said the other week mate, I think the boat's been missed on the triple captain thing. I'd be gobsmacked if it pays off more than it did for many with Salah a couple of weeks ago.

Got rid of him for AFCON, and just couldn't find a way to get him back in, despite having £8 million sat in the bank.

With hindsight; should have used 8 points to get him back in for that double gameweek There was a part of me that thought he might not play them 2 games though, with the Carabao final immediately following.

Quote: Ben @ 5th March 2022, 9:41 AM

Another double game week (of sorts), another splurge of points on transfers. No choice really as I used my free hits on injury ravaged weeks.

I do wonder how the very top players deal with game weeks where they only have half a team available.

No matter what anybody says, there's an element of luck to this game. I'm not saying every team who does well is lucky, that would be unfair, but the Gods can defo conspire against you at times, and at other times they can smile upon you.

Quote: jphellpool @ 5th March 2022, 12:54 PM

Like I said the other week mate, I think the boat's been missed on the triple captain thing. I'd be gobsmacked if it pays off more than it did for many with Salah a couple of weeks ago.
Got rid of him for AFCON, and just couldn't find a way to get him back in, despite having £8 million sat in the bank.
With hindsight; should have used 8 points to get him back in for that double gameweek There was a part of me that thought he might not play them 2 games though, with the Carabao final immediately following.

That could be me speaking

Quote: jphellpool @ 5th March 2022, 12:54 PM

..........................................., but the Gods can defo conspire against you at times, .........................

Well, I would put it as pissed on from a great height

Football or no football, I feel that I am on a bit of a purple patch myself.

I don't want to cause alarm but I'd check to see if you are actually a hybrid radish then.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 28th February 2022, 2:55 PM

Going to be a really interesting end to this, I can tell. It's been a minefield in the last two years with all the distruption.

It has for you serious title hunting players with your disciplined approach to transfers, but for tinkerers like me it's been a blast. I do love a double gameweek or five.

Didn't get the memo to buy and captain Reece James like so many did? Am I not on that mailing list???

GW 30 is looking a bit thin - 4, yes four, only matches!?!

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 7th March 2022, 2:31 PM

Didn't get the memo to buy and captain Reece James like so many did? Am I not on that mailing list???

I thought they were in for a hatful against Norwich tonight when they scored twice so early on
There's still time but it's stayed 2 -0 so far

And a great score by Horse Radish, nice use of the free hit
Cash was a good pick well played

Right on Godot's coat tails now

Rotten week to field 3 Saints. They really let me down.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 8th March 2022, 9:09 AM

GW 30 is looking a bit thin - 4, yes four, only matches!?!

I don't look at other teams but assume all the big boys have planned for it.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 7th March 2022, 3:19 AM

serious title hunting players

"Students of the game"

Yes, well played (Dark)Horse

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 10th March 2022, 9:33 PM

And a great score by Horse Radish, nice use of the free hit
Cash was a good pick well played

Right on Godot's coat tails now

I did mean that Horse was on Godot's coat tails
But I stand corrected
Horse has overtaken him, and I'm the one currently on his coat tails

'Kin Hell, I'm off the bottom - watch out Don and Co!

RIGHT!! Shit or bust, and f**k the defence with me Free Hit, and you can bet what you like that one of those teams will have a match postponed, 'cos that's the story of my life in this league, and life, come to think of it. Choice of two? I'll pick the wrong one. Red/Black Odd/Even, whatever.

SO it only remains for me to decide Kane or Salah for the captaincy. What der yer think? ?