What are you listening to now? Page 1,486

Negativland - An Actual Attack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH3ikqRXjuk

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 24th February 2022, 5:12 PM

And what''s wrong with that? I'd like to know.
This has been a staple of his live gigs for the last ten years. In the words of Sylvia Plath, at f**king last.
He's only announced US dates so far and I'm hoping for Europe cos I've never seen a Beatle live... Ringo played out here but I decided it's better not to see any Beatle as opposed to just Ringo. 'Yes, I've seen a Beatle live!' - 'Awesome! Which one?' - 'Um, doesn't matter which one. It's the principle that counts...'

I had the privilege of seeing them live at their peak - it was, in your words, f**king awesome.

At the time we only saw them live,couldn't actually hear them.

Voler de nuit (comme Saint-Exupéry) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1v9Mmn9ELQ&list=RDEMmDig0pYSn_h-UMVDY5JKwQ&index=4

Quote: lofthouse @ 14th February 2022, 7:33 PM

Is that the Light Brigade in Crimea?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th February 2022, 11:19 PM

I had the privilege of seeing them live at their peak - it was, in your words, f**king awesome.

Macca did a free outdoor gig out here in 2003. I didn't go cos it was a low point in my interest - your tastes change - and if you wanted to see anything you had to camp literally two days in advance, and I wasn't that into him. I'm hoping the new tour will galvanise him into adding some Europe dates.
The problem with gigs these days is they're so f**king expensive. When my exes the Spice Girls got back together, everyone (actually, no one) asked why I didn't come. Well 'm not exaggerating but the whole experience would've totalled around a grand. Travelling, accommodation, just surviving - plus I ain't going to London for one concert: I'd turn it into a mini-holiday. AND I'd have to double the costs cos I'd pay for my wife too as she'd only be doing it to keep me company. A thousand Euros? Too much. And too much of one thing is bad enough. Anyway, after all my support, they'd should be coming to my hilarious stand-up sets. They'd be nowhere without me.

Quote: psmith @ 25th February 2022, 2:01 AM

I know all the words to that one. And Flying. And I Want You.

Spike Milligan on BBC Radio 4 Extra.

Brilliant song

'The Proposition' by Nick Cave & Warren Ellis

Kevin Ayers is one of those people I keep meaning to catch up on. I remember Caribbean Moon(shine?) although I realise that's not represntative.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 26th February 2022, 8:06 AM

Macca did a free outdoor gig out here in 2003. I didn't go cos it was a low point in my interest - your tastes change - and if you wanted to see anything you had to camp literally two days in advance, and I wasn't that into him. I'm hoping the new tour will galvanise him into adding some Europe dates.
The problem with gigs these days is they're so f**king expensive. When my exes the Spice Girls got back together, everyone (actually, no one) asked why I didn't come. Well 'm not exaggerating but the whole experience would've totalled around a grand. Travelling, accommodation, just surviving - plus I ain't going to London for one concert: I'd turn it into a mini-holiday. AND I'd have to double the costs cos I'd pay for my wife too as she'd only be doing it to keep me company. A thousand Euros? Too much. And too much of one thing is bad enough. Anyway, after all my support, they'd should be coming to my hilarious stand-up sets. They'd be nowhere without me.

Maxca's just c**tfirmed Glastonbury. Can anyone lend me a grand? Pay you back in 2085.

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd March 2022, 8:14 PM

Kevin Ayers is one of those people I keep meaning to catch up on. I remember Caribbean Moon(shine?) although I realise that's not represntative.

I've only got the one record.Apparently Jimi Hendrix gave him a guitar and told him to get writing.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 4th March 2022, 12:47 PM

Maxca's just c**tfirmed Glastonbury. Can anyone lend me a grand? Pay you back in 2085.

OK,send me your bank details.