The general pop/rock - music thread Page 228

Sorry to all of my fans. Yes. I have been away for a few hours updating stuff. I had written a million posts to myself proving that one of the goats in Lynton and Lynmouth is the reincarnation of Sigmund Freud. Really I had no idea that there had been so many so obviously that needed sorting out.

The rock band here is really excellent but I do find Noel Edmonds in this clip a bit over choreographed.

Our Kid - You Just Might See Me Cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcsU9dr9Nbc

Today's interesting fact about the Spice Girls for all of my fan
If you put all the Spice Girls CDs ever sold in a long line, starting at John O'Groat's, you hurt your back.

I saw a real legend last night. That's if it's not a contradiction.

Russ Ballard at the 100 Club in London.

Russ was originally in Adam Faith's backing group the Roulettes. Then Unit 4 plus 2 and along with Bob Henrit joined Argent.

The number of hit records he's written is amazing. "Since you've been gone" and "I Surrender" by Rainbow, "Hold your head up" and "God gave Rock and Roll to you*" for Argent and "You win again" for Hot Chocolate to name but a few.

* Plus Kiss.

Quote: Chappers @ 11th February 2022, 8:21 PM

... "Hold your head up" and "God gave Rock and Roll to you*" for Argent...

* Plus Kiss.

I've become quite fond of Argent lately. I have seven of their albums now, two of them are live records. They're are a great live band.

Buddy Holly accused me of plagiarism, but it doesn't matter any more.

Just bought my tickets to see Curved Air in a couple of weeks time.

Quote: psmith @ 3rd March 2022, 7:17 PM

The hell it is!

They're playing the Leeds festival this year.

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd March 2022, 8:12 PM

Just bought my tickets to see Curved Air in a couple of weeks time.

I didn't realize they were still around.I had a thing for Sonja in the old days.

I said to Tears For Fears, I don't like my clothes. They said, Change. You can change.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 4th March 2022, 6:55 AM

I said to Tears For Fears, I don't like my clothes. They said, Change. You can change.

I said the same thing on the phone the other day but they couldn't hear me - I had to Shout

At last, Ed Sheeran is in court on charges of murdering music

Hang the irritating ginger twat

He's been charged with plagiarism. My sweet Lord! He's so fine.

Quote: lofthouse @ 8th March 2022, 6:42 PM

At last, Ed Sheeran is in court on charges of murdering music

Hang the irritating ginger twat

?????