What DVD are you watching? Page 40

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 21st September 2021, 10:29 PM

Don't know about Roger but Martina was horny and hot last night. New balls please!

I hope I'm going to stay this time. Had health complications again, a bacteria (staphylococcus Aureus) nearly lead to kidney failiure. Really not my year (again). But I'm OK now, everything back to normal, no organ harmed. But I'mI still feeling knackered.

So, that means I' ll have to order it soon.

Aaron, how is 'Mann's Best Friends" with Fulton Mackay? I love Fulton, but I have no idea if this show is any good.

Gordon, Mann's Best Friends is dreadful, the writing is horrendous, and the plot is all over the place. I don't know what was going on half of the time. The best thing about it was Reginald Marsh appearing in the first episode! The cast is great and the actors are great, but they couldn't save the disaster of a show! What was Roy Clarke thinking off?

I'm watching Dads Army series 1 going through the boxset.

Couple of weeks ago I moved the TV across the room so stuck a DVD on to make sure I'd got all the leads in right.

Acorn Antiques - be honest, when was the last time you were sat alone watching something with your sides hurting tears running down you face?

I have to confess, I still have a few laser discs I have yet to watch.

We're watching S4 of Lead Balloon which is probably the weakest IMO. When our teen deigns to join us in front of the TV he requests Fonejacker which he laughs like a hyena at.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 21st September 2021, 10:29 PM

Aaron, how is 'Mann's Best Friends" with Fulton Mackay? I love Fulton, but I have no idea if this show is any good.

Not great! It's a middling show with some really nice performances but not exactly laugh a minute.

Adam Adamant Lives! So clever but oh so vulnerable...

Seinfeld - the Cadillac

Elaine always puts me in mind of a young Madonna for some reason...

I saw the umbrella twirl episode of Seinfeld recently, and realised where one of our posters may have got his name.

I used to be obsessed with Jesus Christ Superstar, but now everything's all right. Yes, everything's fine.

Hardcastle & McCormick, Season 1.

Watching Blazing Saddles. It is total and utter f**king shit. Where the f**k's Mel B?

The Assignment (1997),
a pilitical/spy thriller starring Aidan Quinn, Donald Sutherland and Ben Kingsley.

Are you being served?

Series 9

The one with Miss Belfridge ...

...SON OF A BITCH!!!!!

Wes Craven's New Nightmare

I was given a screener DVD by a friend of a film that is now on at the cinema (all legit, well nearly)
He is a joiner and 2 years ago he was asked to do some work for a film crew on location in Bradford.
He had to remove some signs and posts from a cemetery so as not to give the game away because it was supposed to be Newcastle.
They needed a sparky to disconnect things and re-connect after filming so he phoned me.
They took my name and told me it was for the credits.
His name is on there but mine bloody isnt .
Cracking film though.