Stath Lets Flats Page 4

Quote: jsg @ 31st July 2020, 9:42 PM

And it was the worst thing in the category.

Either Fleabag or Derry Girls, considering the award was for the Best Scripted, were far more deserving.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 31st July 2020, 9:44 PM

Either Fleabag or Derry Girls, considering the award was for the Best Scripted, were far more deserving.

I would've gone for Catastrophe myself but both of those were worthy too, yeah.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 31st July 2020, 8:39 PM

This beat Fleabag Series 2 at the BAFTAs

And the magnificent Derry Girls S2. Unbelievable, to use a footballing term, like Wimbledon beating Liverpool in the FA Cup.
Teary

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 31st July 2020, 9:44 PM

Yes but the award's not for best script, just best pre written/non improvised comedy. Obviously the script is a part of that but only a part.

I've only seen clips and trailers of SLF and they were hideous, so I don't know who's doing the judging here.

More concerning is all four were non studio 'sitcom's. :( And three of them C4 shows which shows up the Beeb in a once v strong genre for them.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 1st August 2020, 9:32 AM

And the magnificent Derry Girls S2. Unbelievable, to use a footballing term, like Wimbledon beating Liverpool in the FA Cup.
Teary

Yes but the award's not for best script, just best pre written/non improvised comedy. Obviously the script is a part of that but only a part.

I've only seen clips and trailers of SLF and they were hideous, so I don't know who's doing the judging here.

More concerning is all four were non studio 'sitcom's. :( And three of them C4 shows which shows up the Beeb in a once v strong genre for them.

Actually yes I agree. Fleabag deserves best comedy drama, but laugh for laugh Derry Girls towers over the other nominees.

The sitcom format isn't very complimentary to the sketch show type of humour, really. A series of People Time might've been a better idea.

The third series of Stath Lets Flats started this week (and I think the whole series is available to stream).

Imagine my surprise when I looked through this thread and saw mostly very negative posts about the previous 2 series! The main supporter for SLF seems to be 'Rood Eye', and he seems to have left the forum as you can't click on his username to see his profile..? (Perhaps he was banished to the netherworld for liking Stath Lets Flats so much..?!) Anyway, personally I think it's splendid, and I liked the first episode of the new series - some laugh out loud moments.

To be short, but not very sweet, it's utter shite!

A review worthy of The Guardian.

I read a Guardian review in which the reviewer tied herself in knots attempting to explain how meta and forward thinking it was. Much funnier than the actual sitcom.

Quote: beaky @ 27th October 2021, 9:07 PM

I read a Guardian review in which the reviewer tied herself in knots attempting to explain how meta and forward thinking it was. Much funnier than the actual sitcom.

Which wouldn't be difficult!

It's good! I dunno about the Guardian reading more into it than what's there - to me, it's just a funny sitcom with a good, silly vibe and likeable characters. And slightly peculiar dialogue...

The first series was the best and a bit patchy at times. Since then it has gone to utter shxt. How the buggerations did this win a BAFTA?

Me and my long suffering spouse enjoyed the first two series, although I found the titular character so frigging annoying. Series three, two episodes in is almost laugh free, which is a pity.

Quote: MrsLogicFromViz @ 3rd November 2021, 8:33 PM

Me and my long suffering spouse enjoyed the first two series, although I found the titular character so frigging annoying. Series three, two episodes in is almost laugh free, which is a pity.

I'm liking series 3 so far, but good to know there's another fan here (or at least, someone who enjoyed the first two series). Stath can certainly be annoying at times, but I think the vulnerability of the character makes him endearing.

Could do with subtitles . Hard to understand what the Demetrious are saying . Although Nastasia is crystal clear in the vampire series .