Ted Lasso Page 2

Just started this.
I think it's excellent.
Beautiful balance been comedy and pathos - as good a mix of US & UK comedy style as I've seen.
Share a few of the qualms about Bret Goldstein - his acting style has always been a little 'unique'.
Not enough to mar what is a great show, though.

Yeah, it was a very enjoyable experience. I've recommended it to people of wildly varying tastes, and they've all loved it. That's a rare occurrence.

Slightly at a tangent, but saw a nice little film (Netflix) starring Jason Sudeikis and the brilliant Ed Harris.
Heartwarming, a few laughs (it's not a comedy per se) good soundtrack & strong performances all round.
Essentially, a father & son road movie.
It's been out a couple of years- well worth a watch.

Very late to this. I hate football so I never gave this a chance, but because I love Scrubs and have been enjoying Shrinking, I figured it was about time I gave another Bill Lawrence show a shot.

Wow.

In amongst a sea of cynicism and dark, depressing, dramas, Ted Lasso is a wonderful breath of fresh air. Uplifting, positive with so much heart, and with a really great way of writing men that allows them to show their emotions and be vulnerable, I am loving every second. Only just finished season one and am looking forward to see how they develop the story in season 2.

Not to mention Hannah Waddingham is a bit of a vixen too.

As if by magic, an advert for season 3 appeared on my Twitter feed.

So many laugh out loud moments in episode 3, I especially liked Sudeikis' physical comedy when Zava kept blocking his view in the locker room.

Maybe I'll try to find it.

But maybe not as it doesn't seem to be on any of the stations I've got.

Quote: Chappers @ 29th March 2023, 6:24 PM

Maybe I'll try to find it.

But maybe not as it doesn't seem to be on any of the stations I've got.

It's on Apple TV+. You can usually get a free trial, if you wait for another seven weeks until the whole of series 3 is out then you can binge the lot.

This season has been absolutely fantastic. After each episode I say it was the best one, then I watch next week's and say the same thing. The writing is truly sublime, Coach Beard got a monologue in today's episode that was one of the best moments in the entire show. I can't believe it's the final episode next week!

Although it crammed a lot in and of course was rather mawkish, I loved the finale, perfect ending for everybody.

Yeah, feel like they stuck the landing!

Like, it wasn't 100% what I was expecting (and I did have a couple of "hmm, I have through that would go differently" moments, though the endings do make sense) but they did a lot of what I and it seems others would do, I felt the result after the various foreshadowing and character journeys was satisfying!

A fitting great end for such a great show.