The Albion Basement presents...1000 Sketches in 1000 Days Page 4

By us?? Or just generally by Metaberg and co?

We're still going! Yesterday (413) is an old favourite of mine.

We reached 500 days today! It's a very silly riff of a sketch, with lots of giggling: https://anchor.fm/1000-sketches

I forgot to say, we passed the three-quarter mark the other day. Day 666 was disappointingly devil-free (though I've not checked all the details).

We reached day 700 today. As it's Hallowe'en, t's a rejected sketch recorded in a room with one mic so it's all unbalanced - nothing scarier!

Wow, 700 shows, that's staying power. Fancy being PM ?

Ha ha!

We reached our 3/4 point the other day - sorry, I didn't post because I was sick and forgot to. Still, over 750 consecutive days scored up.

It's currently Xmas Rejects Week, so, you know...

The gagometer clikcked over to 800 days today. There's a little bit of music* in today's sketch, to keep you in a good mood.

*Me singing a capella badly.

We got to day 900 today. It's a rather fun live performance. A bit of musical performance (by our standards) again, too.

On Wednesday we will record day 1000, so unless there's a hideous accident in the next 72 hours, we will have achieved our preposterous goal!

But, more significantly, the last 3 Mondays have featured music from our BAFTA-winning chum, so do check out today's (Day 959), and the two previous Mondays for some excellent sounds.

Well done gappy, truly impressive. If someone's listened to all 1000 and donates to charity , red ears day ?

We did it! Day 1000 went out today. Redundant thought the gesture may have been, I'm pretty proud we achieved it. And now all 1000 episodes are up, you can all get rich on the reaction video circuit, like the little Vroomfondels you are.

Do have a listen to a few if you are tempted - but don't start with day 1000, it's an indulgent unedited 40-minute monkeyhouse rabble recorded via a single mic on a wobbly table - the others are 10 minutes, max. Start at about day 200, that's my suggestion.

Quote: gappy @ 27th August 2023, 8:58 PM

We did it! Day 1000 went out today. Redundant thought the gesture may have been, I'm pretty proud we achieved it. And now all 1000 episodes are up, you can all get rich on the reaction video circuit, like the little Vroomfondels you are.

Do have a listen to a few if you are tempted - but don't start with day 1000, it's an indulgent unedited 40-minute monkeyhouse rabble recorded via a single mic on a wobbly table - the others are 10 minutes, max. Start at about day 200, that's my suggestion.

Just listened to day 200, good stuff! Some of Mrs. Turnball's objections were funny, particularly Jack and the Beanstalk.
Where was it recorded? Sounds like a good receptive audience.
Which one of the Albion Basement are you gappy, or would you rather be anonymous on here? ("a plate" might not be my real name, after all)

Quote: gappy @ 27th August 2023, 8:58 PM

We did it! Day 1000 went out today. Redundant thought the gesture may have been, I'm pretty proud we achieved it. And now all 1000 episodes are up, you can all get rich on the reaction video circuit, like the little Vroomfondels you are....

I need to speak with Vroomfonfels as I've never understood the popularity of reaction videos.

Well done Gappy et al. your achievement (to me) is far more impressive / informative / entertaining than climbing Mount Everest.