BCG Fantasy Premier League 2021/22 Page 53

Well I've finally had to face up to last week's debacle.

Because Brighton were playing Man City last week and Liverpool this week, I transferred in Pickford to take the place of Sanchez in goal. Pickford conceded 5 aganst Watford (who'd've forecast that?) while Sanchez still scored 3 pts because he made 8 saves v Man City.

I had thought about bringing in Mount (3 goals) because I suspected Chelsea would score a few v Norwich and both recognised strikers were absent but, fearful that he might not be selected, went for Vardy instead (substituted at half time after having just 6 touches).

Having captained Salah in previous weeks I removed his arm band (48 pts) and handed it to my new star striker, Jamie Vardy (2 pts).

Nobody told me there'd be days like these. Strange days indeed...

Looking forward to Wednesday 29 December so I can use my second wildcard.

Tempted by some Chelsea and Man City transfers this week, but bottled it again. Grealish no doubt down for a tasty weekend points wise. At least I can rely on Mendy (until January anyway) as one of the big teams points winners.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 29th October 2021, 5:00 PM

Because Brighton were playing Man City last week and Liverpool this week, I transferred in Pickford to take the place of Sanchez in goal. Pickford conceded 5 aganst Watford (who'd've forecast that?) while Sanchez still scored 3 pts because he made 8 saves v Man City.

A transfer on a keeper is a transfer wasted. Pick a decent cheap one in August and forget about him.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 29th October 2021, 4:26 PM

You'll be watching all weekend as it's split over 3 days this week.

Yeah, makes for a long "weekend", but at least we have summat to look forward to, and not internationals ruining the party.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 29th October 2021, 4:29 PM

Yes, but I am also basing my selections now on height.

It turns out that he is 6 foot 3 which coincidentally turns out to be the precise height in someone which brings out paranoia in me so that I have to treble my tablets. I'm perfectly at ease with 6 foot 2 and 6 foot 4.

So, whether he is French or not, I'm not sticking with him and would never have had him in had I known.

This makes you sound like an Imperialist (literally). Have you thought about thinking of him in metric? A 190.50 centimeter Paul Pogba might sound less intimidating?

Morning. Had some trouble with my PC and forgot I could use one of these I phone things now to log in. Failing that attempt to avoid expulsion, I will argue that I'm within the gameweek deadline until the new teams are actually published. I'll take it to court should I need to.

I will offer to take your case Alf, i recomend Horse to present the case for the defence, I assume Don will present the case for the persecution.

Quote: playfull @ 30th October 2021, 12:05 PM

I will offer to take your case Alf,

Don't trust him! He ripped me off to the tune of £5,000 when he said he could get me off a speeding fine.

Quote: playfull @ 30th October 2021, 12:05 PM

I will offer to take your case Alf, i recomend Horse to present the case for the defence, I assume Don will present the case for the persecution.

He made two transfers. The prosecution rests.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 30th October 2021, 11:56 AM

Morning. Had some trouble with my PC and forgot I could use one of these I phone things now to log in.

Public libraries provide internet access too.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 30th October 2021, 1:01 PM

Public libraries provide internet access too.

:O I wouldn't want anyone looking over my shoulder to see my team selection!!

Had to bite the bullet and get Salah in.

Was killing me not having him.

*jinx alert*

Quote: playfull @ 30th October 2021, 12:14 AM

This makes you sound like an Imperialist (literally). Have you thought about thinking of him in metric? A 190.50 centimeter Paul Pogba might sound less intimidating?

Yus.

Excellent point.

Quote: jphellpool @ 30th October 2021, 2:55 PM

Had to bite the bullet and get Salah in.

Was killing me not having him.

*jinx alert*

Oi! I'm the only jinxer in the BCG FPL. Whatever I say or do, do the opposite. 50-50 choice, I will pick the wrong one.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 30th October 2021, 4:00 PM

Oi! I'm the only jinxer in the BCG FPL. Whatever I say or do, do the opposite. 50-50 choice, I will pick the wrong one.

Well, yeah, but I'm giving you a run for your money this season. I'm bottom as we speak, but hoping to move up after an okay-ish day so far.

Just noticed Greenwood isnot starting though. That's him and Jota not started for me today, along with an injury to Kovacic.

Might well be time to move over for the new chump in town pal.