The general pop/rock - music thread Page 226

Quote: Chappers @ 26th September 2021, 9:07 PM

We got that on the RIP thread Gordon. Keep up!

Oldrocker would love me for posting this.

As the new Beatles book Get Back is released, we interview director Paul Jackson...
Let It Be showed the Beatles at loggerheads, but Paul Jackson's new documentary shows a more positive side as the Beatles were having fun. While Let It Be showed the Beatles at loggerheads, Paul Jackson's documentary shows a more positive side to the Beatles, as they were having fun. By showing that the Beatles were having fun and not at loggerheads, Jackson's documentary shows a more positive side.
So how does Paul's Get Back differ from Let It Be?
'It shows a more positive side to the Beatles,' Paul reveals. 'In Let It Be, they're at loggerheads, but in Get Back, they're clearly having fun. By showing the Beatles were having fun, I show a more positive side to the Beatles. It's more positive because they're not at loggerheads. They're having fun. And by showing that the Beatles were having fun, and not just at loggerheads, it shows them from a different, mote positive side.'
Paul McCartney agrees. 'When you watch Let It Be, it's like we're at loggerheads all the time. But we were having fun! And I think that's how Get Back differs from Let It Be. It's more positive, I guess. It shows us having fun. It's like, Guys, we're having fun. We're not necessarily - I don't know, at loggerheads all the time. And I think Get Back shows that. It shows a group just - well, just having fun. Not, like - you know, at loggerheads. It's a more positive side.'
Ringo agrees too. 'When you watch Let It Be, you get the impression we were at loggerheads. But Get Back shows a more positive side to us. A side where we have fun. It's more positive because we're having fun. We're not - how can I put it? - at loggerheads all the time. We're having fun too. And I think that shows a more positive side to us.'
So, what can viewers expect to see from Get Back that they didn't see in Let It Be? Let's hope it shows a more positive side to the Beatles as they're having fun. And not at loggerheads.

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

Taylor Swift is inducting Carol King into the Hall of Fame. It's like One Direction presenting Jimi Hendrix. Get the f**k out of here.

Taylor Swift is like all five Spice Girls combined. But talented.

Mel C is talented as f**k. Leave my religion out of this.

Am I the only one who thinks Coldplay are shit? (Except for the first two or three albums)

Am I the only one who thinks Coldplay are shit? (Except for the first two or three albums)

I think they've done some good stuff (Viva La Vida), but they've also a lot of bland forgettable coffee table stuff.

Yes. Because I think they are total and utter f**king shit. Almost as boring as Radiohead.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 19th October 2021, 12:42 PM

Mel C is talented as f**k.

Only at P.E.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 12th October 2021, 12:59 PM

As the new Beatles book Get Back is released, we interview director Paul Jackson...

Always admired Paul McCartney's philosophy and ability to hold his own with Lennon, despite taking a very "Let it be" attitude. Bit like Noel Gallagher's "Don't look back in anger" song - once heard him in interview saying his brother Liam sang the song without knowing it was about him.

I only got into the Beatles because couldn't I afford to buy new music and the other records my parents had were The Spinners (the English Folk band all in yellow). The Beatles weren't cool when I was at school, but when people did get to know me they decided they must be OK. Looks like they're back in fashion thought.

Quote: chipolata @ 20th October 2021, 11:46 AM

Only at P.E.

Melanie C is beyond awesome. Sport, singing, dancing... She is the perfect woman.

Paul was the brains behind the Let It Be project. The others really couldn't be arsed.

A question on The Chase was who was the lead singer of Labelle. They gave the answer as Patti Labelle.

Now I remember Lady Marmalade was sung by Nona Hendryx.

It always cracks me up when girl''''bands'''' like Little Mix moan that 'No one takes us seriously because we're women.' No love, it's cos your music is total and utter f**king shit... Pop back when you've made the new Dark Side of the Moon.

I prefer Little Mix's early period

I.e. the period before they actually recorded any songs