Only Connect Page 62

To be fair, I've spoken to her a few times on Twitter and she usually replies with a witty remark.

Like the time I gave Herc some suggestions for a question. He submitted it and it was in the program (the resistor colours link)
I said to her something like I have a friend who is a question submitter who I have helped out occasionally.
She replied 'oh, I'm delighted to hear they have friends.

:D How very interesting - I didn't know that, or that you and her were mates. You should have said who I was, then I might have got a date with her before she married Mitchell.

Too late, I got in first. That's why I never told you.
She was crap anyway - just laid there.

Umm, I think I know why. How many connections did you try and in what sequence, and did you try up against the wall.

(can't think of anything for missing owls)

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 22nd September 2021, 8:29 AM

She replied 'oh, I'm delighted to hear they have friends.

Laughing out loud

:P

Oh no! That weird bloke who mumbles into his beard.

That first question so was easy. Are they dumbing down?

Thank God it's followed by UniversityChallenge, so I can get a few questions right.

Oh well, I've had 9 accepted for Series 18, including one Music Connection, and the editor tells me that is about the hit rate, so am quite chuffed, when you consider there are over 50 freelance Herberts like me trying to get their questions accepted.

Sorry Dave - I did put up your RinTinTin - TinTin- Tin - (nothing) sequence, which I really liked, but the editor didn't like it finishing on nowt.

A town Under Lyne, Greater Manchester
Small lunar impact crater in the northeast part of the Moon named after an American physicist
Link word towards a celebration of lesbian identity and a Resurrection Shuffle

?

Ashton, Gardner and Dyke.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 29th October 2021, 4:42 PM

A town Under Lyne, Greater Manchester
Small lunar impact crater in the northeast part of the Moon named after an American physicist
Link word towards a celebration of lesbian identity and a Resurrection Shuffle

?

There is a thread for putting up your own questions......................

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/34995/38/

Quote: fasty @ 29th October 2021, 8:22 PM

Ashton, Gardner and Dyke.

Yes - extremely close.

Well done.

The actual answer was A Windmill in Old Amsterdam which was, of course, originally sung by Ronnie Hilton.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 30th October 2021, 12:04 AM

There is a thread for putting up your own questions......................

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/34995/38/

With the best will in the world, I haven't a bleeding clue what you are on about sometimes,

Quote: A Horseradish @ 30th October 2021, 3:14 AM

Y

With the best will in the world, I haven't a bleeding clue what you are on about sometimes,

Oh the irony!!!

Quote: A Horseradish @ 30th October 2021, 3:14 AM

Yes - extremely close.

Well done.

The actual answer was A Windmill in Old Amsterdam which was, of course, originally sung by Ronnie Hilton.

And the connection/sequence is ....? In the style of VCM if you please ;)