I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,331

As foreign secretary he pretty much said "she only went there to teach journalists how to speak out against the Iranian government"

E.g. f**ked that up like he f**ks pretty much everything he touches

Your bitterness is doing you no good
90% of your posts are nasty to someone (mainly Boris)
The Tories won the election and he is prime minister.
Your options are vote for the opposition next time.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 26th October 2021, 7:14 PM

Your options are vote for the opposition next time.

Is that really our only option, Stephen?
As a member of the majority of the country, who didn't vote for Boris, are we not allowed to shout out when we see wrong?
You feel you have the right to defend his actions.
Is that right denied us?
Or perhaps that's the plan.
Well, tough luck matey.
If you don't want to see Tory-bashing, best avoid this thread.

The problem is - you/he see wrong in everything he does.
There's not a single post praising any actions.
I get it, you didn't get your way with brexit or the general election, it's bound to stick in your craw
The Tories were voted in, in a democratic way - all this 'not the majority' is irrelevant.
The majority is split seven ways to Sunday - so not an individual majority - or they would have won
The Conservatives have a big majority over any party.
And as I've said before, I voted Labour for most of my life until they started to be a joke and a laughing stock.

In a democracy we have a right and duty to question and criticise the government, exactly the way we did during previous governments, whether they were Labour or Conservative. This isn't Iran, China or North Korea.

And if anybody thinks Boris is doing a good job they should pipe up and tell us. It is a comedy forum, after all.

I notice there's to be a reduction of 3p on a pint - BUT NOT UNTIL 2023!

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 27th October 2021, 11:43 AM

The problem is - you/he see wrong in everything he does.
I get it, you didn't get your way with brexit or the general election, it's bound to stick in your craw
The Tories were voted in, in a democratic way - all this 'not the majority' is irrelevant.
The majority is split seven ways to Sunday - so not an individual majority - or they would have won
The Conservatives have a big majority over any party.
And as I've said before, I voted Labour for most of my life until they started to be a joke and a laughing stock.

He did a good stint of Have I Got News For You once.

Satisfied???

Honestly at this point I don't think we should be examining what Labour is doing at all, the Tories should be sorting themselves out.

It is worth remembering 56.4% of those who voted in the 2019 General Election, voted against the Conservatives.

Starmer testing positive for the fifth time.
If that is true and he wasn't dodging it raises lots of questions.
Perhaps everyone keeps getting it but being double jabbed, there are no ill effects.
So you don't know you have it unless tested. That would relegate it to a bug going around and not a pandemic anymore.

20% of the country aren't double vaccinated.
And it's always been the case that some people get it and hardly know it.
Doesn't matter whether you cal it a bug, a pandemic or a plague - if it's killing people (and it is) we should do what we can to stop it.

I would be more acceptable to these facts if they didn't keep smudging the figures.
They will not say how many actually die directly of covid. The 'within 28 days' is a nonsense'
The obvious conclusion is, you tested positive with no ill effects but a month later you died of something - we'll mark it down as a covid death?

Perhaps the highest number of excess deaths since the Second world War was down to something else.
Brexit?

There is more to it than just numbers to shout out about. The population grows every year - and people naturally die each year but that was not my point - which once again you dodge the tricky ones.
Covid definitely thinned out the old and susceptible. I'm not a covid denier.
But I would like to know how many directly died of it rather than positive test a month before death

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 27th October 2021, 11:43 AM

Boris is a witty entertainer. At the last international gathering, he turned up with scruffy hair and an awkward posture, so the other diplomats all passed him their coats. He's good at playing the clown. Rolling eyes

I like how Boris goes jogging in brogues. I'd like to see Churchill do that.