BCG Fantasy Premier League 2021/22 Page 51

I captained Maguire this week. He got me minus 2 points.
In my mind I saw Man utd dominating Liverpool and Maguire scoring from a corner (as he has done in the past)
And Liverpool not getting a sniff at goal.
I'm f**king crap at this game.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 25th October 2021, 10:38 AM

You got 78 points! Howd'ya think I felt stuck at the bottom week in, week out at the start of the season.

Anyway, you could say, you were being a gentleman (snigger), and doing it on purpose so that I could catch up a bit, and not feel so left out.

Hello everyone. Apologies for my absence. It wasn't my intention but some real life considerations impinged and had to take precedence.

A few weeks back I had my second cancer referral in three years. I'm okay and I don't have cancer but these referrals and associated examinations can be very stressful and unfortunately this time co-incided with me losing control of a rare middle-ear condition I have had for six years that is incurable and very difficult to live with. This is not something that solely affects my hearing but actually has consequences for my balance, sound tolerance, ability to be around people, do my job and even think straight.

As much as I enjoy gobbing off on here that simply hasn't been possible and without being too dramatic, things threatened to get very serious indeed.

Fortunately things have gone in the right direction and I'll be getting back in the saddle this week.

Thanks to the people who wished me well - Herc, Steve and Feoree. Everyone else - f**k you, obviously.

I will be sorting out any overdue or existing admin this week and hopefully comment on some of the craziness that's happened while I've been away.

Really good to see you back Godot, as I knew about your ear condition and was getting worried, but to have the Big C rear its ugly head, makes it understandable as to why you were missing.

I feel sorry for beating you in the H2H now :P

Yes, please do regale us again with your wit and charm. Wave

Welcome back GT.
I'm still shit at this, if you were wondering.

Welcome back Godot. I am genuinely so sorry for having called you an over-inflated whale with all of the elegance and charm of Joseph Goebbels. Obviously, I am pleased to hear that you are on the road to recovery.

Middle ear? I've only got two.
Welcome back and glad things are in the right direction.
I thought you'd run off with the takings.

I CERTAINLY HOPE SO....................

I was going to say, I'm up to 5th in the H2H with 6 wins, 0 draws and 3 losses, the same as you, Mr. Stephen Goodlegs, AND THEN, I noticed this :-

There's gonna be a load of sabre rattling before the week's out!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 25th October 2021, 11:52 AM

please do regale us again with your wit and charm. Wave

I hope I'm always charming. Wit that's not in abundance at the moment.

Quote: Lazzard @ 25th October 2021, 12:10 PM

Welcome back GT.
I'm still shit at this, if you were wondering.

Thanks Larry. You're no shitter than the rest of us. I played my wildcard and got 10 points less than if I'd made no transfers at all.

It is and always will be bingo.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 25th October 2021, 12:21 PM

Welcome back Godot. I am pleased to hear that you are on the road to recovery.

It's not really a road - it's at best a dilapidated coastal footpath with a sheer drop.

I captained Maguire this week. He got me minus 2 points.
In my mind I saw Man utd dominating Liverpool and Maguire scoring from a corner (as he has done in the past)
And Liverpool not getting a sniff at goal.

See above.

Captaining Maguire was... ballsy. Lawro predicted a 1-1. I thought it might be 2-1 to Liverpool. I expected something from Ronaldo since I'd shown him the door.

Quote: don rushmore @ 8th October 2021, 2:53 AM

You're deflecting. Has HR been given another reprieve?

Radish is in big trouble.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 25th October 2021, 8:25 PM

I expected something from Ronaldo since I'd shown him the door.

That's what I usually find. I drop them and they play a blinder, scoring a hat-trick, and that's why I can't see me ever dropping Salah, and I do think Ronaldo will only be erratic, being brought on in some sort of token gesture to cheer the fans up.

Fergie didn't look too happy yesterday - wish I could lip-read and see what he was muttering.

Godot being civil? You can't rely on anything these days.
If Don turns nice - I'm off.

Glad to hear you are feeling better Godot. Getting old is sometimes crap, but it is marginally better than the alternative.

Anyway i got 91 points somehow, which would have been more if i had remembered to make Salah captain. Second only to the Don.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 26th October 2021, 8:09 AM

Godot being civil? You can't rely on anything these days.

You c**t, I'm utterly reliable. And I'm mostly civil too, despite terrible provocation.

Quote: Ben @ 24th October 2021, 10:41 AM

I considered Mount and Gundogan for my team this week, but I've been burned too many times by Tuchel and Guardiola's rotating squads that I didn't.

This.

It's a coin toss where the Chelsea and City goals are coming from and Pep and Tuchel are peas in a pod when it comes to rotation. I went with a keeper and a defender for that reason.

Football-related posts needed from

Lazzard
Vanden-Stock
Kipper
Anton
Dan
Bunter

You will get at least one other warning (probably two) before the GW 10 deadline, which is Saturday 12.30pm.

Don will be pleased to hear the Saturday deadline will also be the deadline of the League naming competition. Until then there's still chance to enter if you haven't already.

All entries that are fit to list will be listed after the deadline and put to the vote.

I got a few points last week. All attributed to Salah, of course.

I tend to stick Gundogan in when De Bruyne is injured, as that's when Pep allows him to cross the halfway line.

Dan