What are you watching on TV? Page 2,224

The Lancaster Bomber at 80 - fascinating documentary, with stuff I didn't realise.

Omega Factor repeated on Forces TV, late 70's UK pre-X Filesque type show, quite good if you like old Who and that kind of thing, got into it a few years back. Also, Blake's 7, oh Jenna... Mind you, just seen one where Villa's captured by two very tasty bounty hunters indeed.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 25th October 2021, 12:09 AM

The Lancaster Bomber at 80 - fascinating documentary, with stuff I didn't realise.

I love anything to do with WW2 aircraft. I missed that.
Probably because my father-inlaw flew a Stirling heavy bomber during the war.
He never dropped a single bomb though - he dropped supplies for the D Day landing and the French resistance.
The Lancaster took over from the Stirling as the preferred bomber.

It holds special memories for me as my father worked on them before he was demobbed, and have a clear memory of him taking me into the main hangar at RAF Upwood to have a look inside a Lancaster, and even though I was a tiny 4-year-old sprog at the time, I still managed to bang my head on the sub-frame inside; but was rewarded by being able to sit in the cockpit and make engine/propeller noises.

Also remember sitting up at my bedroom window watching them taking off over our house, when they woke me up.

Such happy days, as my Dad was my hero and it's times like this I really miss him, even after all these years Teary

Squid Game - the final episode.

Ru Paul's Drag Race UK. Completely deranged show existing in its own bubble, divorced from the real world. Great fun.

Secret Army on TPTV.

Geoffrey Fourmile as an injured RAF pilot and Brian Glover as a German soldier.

Quote: Chappers @ 31st October 2021, 9:12 PM

Secret Army on TPTV.

... Brian Glover as a German soldier.

"Ich read ein buch once. Grun it was"

Brian Glover's Yorkshire accent kept creeping into his German accent.

Jawohl! Ya booger, it were a reet invaysion.

Endless Benny Hill reruns on That's TV

DWTS with Melanie C. I'm amazed she finds the time - performing, writing, recording and preparing our wedding. I can't prepare it myself as that wouldn't be Girl Power.

bad news Michael.......

This isn't actually bad news, as nothing in my life has changed. My chances haven't really gone down. Like there was hope before.
I've watched that clip 7542 times. Whenever it ends, I press replay with my free hand.

I'm watching Martin Clunes Islands of the Pacific.

He's visiting Tonga where of course the volcano is currently causing devastation.