I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,330

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 21st October 2021, 1:28 PM

Dead bodies everywhere?

Oh you believe in things you can't see like ghosts, I get it and you find trolls more entertaining than real comedians. Good for you. Have you ever considered dungeons and dragons, it's good for fantasy roll play. :)

Re the Alec Baldwin tragedy - how the hell did a prop gun manage to fire any sort of projectile?

Apparently it was real gun with blanks - common practice, it seems.
They're still unravelling what actually happened.
Poor girl was only young - up & coming DOP, too
Awful.

They'll use fake guns if they're filming a scene with rare guns or hundreds of them (like a WWII non-combat scene with droves of Nazis) but if it's a major scene where a gun needs to realistically fire, they'll use a real gun that's typically been modified so that it won't chamber a real round. Then they'll use blanks. In the case of Brandon Lee's death, someone had previously tried to chamber a real (or prop) round, and the bullet remained lodged in the barrel, and the blank fired it as if it were a real round.

Someone in charge of Baldwin's props made a huge mistake by not verifying that the barrel was clear and that the round was a blank. I'm sure it's on a checklist somewhere.

EDIT: Just read that the gun was loaded with live rounds. That's a multimillion-dollar mistake.

Quote: DaButt @ 22nd October 2021, 5:04 PM

EDIT: Just read that the gun was loaded with live rounds. That's a multimillion-dollar mistake.

Jeez. That's bad.

Quote: Lazzard @ 22nd October 2021, 5:12 PM

Jeez. That's bad.

Criminally-negligent-and-someone-might-end-up-in-prison bad.

I read an unsourced report that they had called for another take, and Baldwin joking said, "How about I shoot both of you?"

If it happened that way, there are two people criminally negligent.

F**k me, is there any job in America you can do where there ISNT a chance you could get shot dead?

I hadn't realised until today that Sir Gordon Obese-C**t MBE was born into the famous Tiny-Winkle family. His name only changed when his mother Tiggy, friend of the royals, walked out of the family home to join the Flapper Society's Novelty Circus Troupe. She was built like a truck but, man, could she pirouette.

No wonder he and his best mate in babyhood Joachim Low-Bollocks ran away from the School of Hygiene. Sure, it was said they were caught wiping their arses with their bare hands rather than toilet paper and then refusing to wash their fingers. But as it turned out they had stuffed more than those fingers up their noses.

Quote: lofthouse @ 22nd October 2021, 6:11 PM

F**k me, is there any job in America you can do where there ISNT a chance you could get shot dead?

Technically, no. But the same could be said for any job in the UK.

You wouldn't get shot dead filming an episode of Coronation Street

Wouldn't happen

Quote: lofthouse @ 23rd October 2021, 1:49 PM

You wouldn't get shot dead filming an episode of Coronation Street

Wouldn't happen

Hire Alec Baldwin and his armorer.

Quote: DaButt @ 23rd October 2021, 1:56 PM

Hire Alec Baldwin and his armorer.

I have noticed that the right wingers on social media are positively gleeful that somebody they despise has been involved in such a tragic accident. Don't join those soulless turds by making light of somebody's death.

Quote: chipolata @ 23rd October 2021, 2:07 PM

I have noticed that the right wingers on social media are positively gleeful that somebody they despise has been involved in such a tragic accident. Don't join those soulless turds by making light of somebody's death.

I have nothing but sympathy for the victim and her family. I have nothing but contempt for the human trash known as Alec Baldwin.

The husband of British-Iranian charity worker Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe has gone on a hunger strike again after a court decided she has to spend another year in prison.

Richard Ratcliffe started his fast on Sunday outside the British government's Foreign Office in central London in an effort to pressure Prime Minister Boris Johnson to secure her release.

Johnson really needs to do something about this ffs

Oh hang on, the last time he intervened the stupid twat made things 10 times worse...

I'm sure she would have known about Iran's draconian laws and how they can make them up on the spot.
What can Boris do? She played with fire.