Vintage adverts

Love looking at these, and remembering. Will try and show some as and when.

From 1959

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 14th October 2021, 7:14 PM

I see you changed the title, Herc...????

What was it before?

And spookily played the lead in Follow that Camel!

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 14th October 2021, 7:14 PM

I see you changed the title, Herc...Laughing out loud

Here's one for you GB I noticed on the opposite page - a beach in the mountains, warm enough to swim in.?!?, And an all in holiday package for £30 inc. travel costs!

I always thought you were cheap :P

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th October 2021, 12:12 AM

Here's one for you GB I noticed on the opposite page - a beach in the mountains, warm enough to swim in.?!?, And an all in holiday package for £30 inc. travel costs!

I always thought you were cheap :P

Nice find, Herc!

I like the idea of Switzerland being the "playground of Europe" . Maybe for investment bankers and tax evaders. :D
The airline doesn't exist anymore. The grounding happened 25 years ago. It was our equivalent to the end of The Lehman Brothers. They even made a film about it.
I only swam in a mountain lake once during a school excursion about 30 years ago. It was so freezing my family jewels still haven't recovered from this event.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 15th October 2021, 1:16 PM

I only swam in a mountain lake once during a school excursion about 30 years ago. It was so freezing my family jewels still haven't recovered from this event.

But those kiddies look so happy and warm under that blazing sun.

And how are your nuts, these days - have they dropped back down again yet?

In case anyone was wondering how you go about it...

The days of innocence, before the Yanks hijacked perfectly good English words, and I used to love Spangles - I remember them in so many other flavours too, such as Old English, mint, and you could get tubes of just one flavour.

Sadly, all gone. Those sweets, and perfectly good words.

Ah, the stretched Morris Minor; you don't see a lot of that variety surviving.....

This brings back memories of my days in photographic retail - 1969

Seeing as mum is not around anymore.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 20th October 2021, 8:30 AM

Seeing as mum is not around anymore.

She's taking the photo with her £500+ Leica M3

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 16th October 2021, 12:14 AM

The days of innocence, before the Yanks hijacked perfectly good English words, and I used to love Spangles - I remember them in so many other flavours too, such as Old English, mint, and you could get tubes of just one flavour.

Sadly, all gone. Those sweets, and perfectly good words.

You do know its no longer "the love that dare not speak its name," right?