Status report Page 6,112

Quote: A Horseradish @ 12th October 2021, 12:12 AM

Not that anyone will be interested but I turned on the tap in my bathroom sink tonight and a whale appeared. He says he has been living around the bonnet nut since 2014 and that his name is Timothy. I have stuck him for now in my paddling pool but I have no idea what to do with him in the long run. But this I guess, and alas, is life - I am no X Moore and I never have been but I shall just try to keep on keeping on.

That sounds pretty scary. I hope you at least got a big apology for putting you through all that, if not some sort of compensation.

Quote: a plate @ 12th October 2021, 2:34 AM

That sounds pretty scary. I hope you at least got a big apology for putting you through all that, if not some sort of compensation.

No apology.

So I'm going to the courts and hoping to make a few squid from it.

I hate it when that happens.

Has anyone else looked at the ULEZ (Fnaar fnaar) website?

All I want to know is if I have to pay anything. They have to make things complicated.

Pardon?

Quote: Chappers @ 18th October 2021, 8:52 PM

Has anyone else looked at the ULEZ (Fnaar fnaar) website?

All I want to know is if I have to pay anything. They have to make things complicated.

It's going to affect me, I live just a few hundred yards inside the North Circular Road. There's no discount for residents.

More reasons not to visit the smoke.

My email to the Daily Mail.

Subject: Crossword clue

How on earth were we supposed to get the clue "One with northodox views" in Tuesday's crossword?
Regards

Their response.

Dear Mr Chapman,
Thank you for your email. Unfortunately one of our sub-editors moved the word 'unorthodox' up a line (when I saw the proof the day before, this word was on a new line - see attached). In moving the word up to the previous line, they managed to delete the 'u'.

Apologies for any frustration caused by this.

Kind regards,

Always nice if they reply.

Quote: Chappers @ 20th October 2021, 3:27 PM

How on earth were we supposed to get the clue "One with northodox views" in Tuesday's crossword?
Regards

Their response.

I had similar many years ago, when I used to do the Sunday Times Cryptic - they had spelt Tallinn with one 'n' and I took them to task over it.
I have still have the letter somewhere - they apologised and said the crossword editor was on holiday that week and it wasn't checked for errors.

I thought it was maybe about someone from North of Watford have different opinions.

Quote: Chappers @ 20th October 2021, 3:27 PM

Regards

Their response.

Dear Mr Chapman,
Thank you for your email. Unfortunately one of our sub-editors moved the word 'unorthodox' up a line (when I saw the proof the day before, this word was on a new line - see attached). In moving the word up to the previous line, they managed to delete the 'u'.

Apologies for any frustration caused by this.

Kind regards,

It's all a question of whether the word is U or non-U

I caught sight of Madeley and the doctor on GMB saying they'd had their 3rd booster jab (Really? Why are you vulnerable?), and there's been grey suits saying "Don't wait to be asked - if you are vulnerable book yours now!"

So I tried, only to be told by the NHS "You are not currently eligible to book through this service"
I have COPD, it's been six months since my 2nd jab, so why am I not eligible, and how come seemingly healthy dick-heads on TV get theirs.

I won't die a happy man. Teary

You should be eligible .
You're meant to get a text within a week of the six months being up - if you don't you can ring for a booking - so says the newly appointed Minister for Health.
But they're already behind with the 3rd jabs - and it'll only get worse.
Javid didn't mention that at the Covid briefing, did he?
The ran out of flu jabs in one morning around here.
They're making it up as they go along.

Well I got mine because I work for the NHS. Covid in the right arm and flu in the left.