I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,328

Quote: DaButt @ 14th October 2021, 4:17 PM

Norway, right?

Correct.
Though, they've got some range on those new bow and arrows...

Quote: Lazzard @ 14th October 2021, 3:34 PM

Another nutter going round killing people...
The only thing these people seem to have in common is that the police were already watching them.
Not bloody close enough, though, eh?

And again.

The Treasury accuses Johnson of "Economic Illiteracy" - finally they've stopped mincing their words. Rolling eyes

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10099485/Treasury-officials-accuse-Boris-Johnson-economic-illiteracy-eco-plans.html

It's actually part of the Mail's anti-green agenda - leopards don't change their spots

WTF!!

So the BBC has spent £ (insert some fanciful figure here) on changing their logo.

"The famous BBC logo has had a makeover after audiences told the corporation its services looked "old-fashioned" and "out of date".

And here is the before and after.

WORDS FAIL ME...........

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 20th October 2021, 2:28 PM

WTF!!

So the BBC has spent £ (insert some fanciful figure here) on changing their logo.

"The famous BBC logo has had a makeover after audiences told the corporation its services looked "old-fashioned" and "out of date".

And here is the before and after.

WORDS FAIL ME...........

And that was paid for by us - the TV license payers.

Didn't need changing.
That's what happens when you listen to the audience.

Why not LGBBCTQ?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 20th October 2021, 2:28 PM

WTF!!

WORDS FAIL ME...........

I know what you mean Herc but BP paid $210,000,000 for theirs. https://www.thelogocreative.co.uk/most-expensive-logos-in-the-world/

Had a quick google and got this
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9756521/BBC-splashes-tens-thousands-pounds-new-logo-looks-exactly-like-old-one.html It says 10's of thousands, so comparatively cheap. I know an art student that will do you one for just 100's of pounds if you're interested.

What grieves me, is I think the "old" one looks better than the "new" one. Angry

I'd agree Herc, but apparently they do surveys, psychometric and use big complicated words. Did I mention I know an art student who can do you a two for one on logo's, so long as you don't need a powerpoint presentation or an explanation. :)

The media are pushing hard for another lockdown I see.
Exaggerations of 100K cases a day?
But of course they skirt around the fact that the lockdowns were to stop hospitals being overwhelmed with dead bodies.
Frightening times but it never happened and won't

The government are not saying there'll be a lockdown but the news channels and media are pushing it.
perhaps they have an agenda eh. For one, revenue from government advertising.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 21st October 2021, 8:24 AM

Exaggerations of 100K cases a day?

That was the figure Sajid Javid gave at last night's Covid briefing.
So hardly a media stitch-up.
He then said we should all wear masks in crowded spaces and try to meet outside where possible.
Which is something considerate people have been doing all along.
And as the 'inconsiderate' won't listen, he needn't have wasted his breath.

Mixed messages and a lack of a coherent plan will land us in another mess.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 21st October 2021, 8:24 AM

Frightening times but it never happened and won't

My partner is a Dr in the NHS - it's happened alright. An understaffed over stressed demoralised workforce is being pressurised into magicking away the horrifically long waiting lists. Prevention is cheaper than treating cancer, so it will only get worse. It take 7 years to train Drs. It's not just the logistics companies that have lost faith in a government that doesn't plan and project blame away all the time.