Funny cartoons

Plenty of "Funny" or "Funniest" of just about every media, but not one it seems for old fashioned newspaper cartoons.

Found this one in an old newspaper that amused me....................

You knew this'd draw me to the thread like a moth to a lightbulb, didn't you?

Liberal use of Letratone there

Quote: beaky @ 13th October 2021, 5:21 PM

You knew this'd draw me to the thread like a moth to a lightbulb, didn't you?

:) Wasn't the intention - honest, but it was inevitable you'd have a peek. :D

It still makes me smile, as it appeals to my sense of humour. The bloke's face is saying "Oh, shit"

I've missed your cartoon post Herc. Keep them coming.:)

Thank you. :)

If you mean the Punch ones, that is dead in the water, what with copyright worries, even though I own all the books they were in.

If it's the postcard ones, I'll try again tomorrow. Really don't know why it wouldn't load this morning - bloody weird.

I'm a huge fan of cartoons Herc - The farside, Snoopy and all political satirist in particular. Punch, The New Yorker, Viz love it all. My whole family is big into visual arts. My daughter recently sold her first artwork and she's still at collage, so that should help the student loan. Love all visual art it seems a much richer way of communicating than texting, but then I'm bias, keep it coming.

Quote: Firkin @ 14th October 2021, 12:59 AM

I'm a huge fan of cartoons Herc

So am I, and will try and find some more, as and when. This block of Telephonist cartoons are from 1959. A couple of them are funny, I think. Bear in mind the time period.

What blue do you think they are talking about - depends on how filthy your mind is Angelic

Quote: Firkin @ 14th October 2021, 12:59 AM

I'm a huge fan of cartoons Herc - The farside, Snoopy and all political satirist in particular. Punch, The New Yorker, Viz love it all. My whole family is big into visual arts. My daughter recently sold her first artwork and she's still at collage, so that should help the student loan. Love all visual art it seems a much richer way of communicating than texting, but then I'm bias, keep it coming.

"still at collage" - is that a deliberate play on words, Firkin?

Quote: beaky @ 14th October 2021, 9:26 AM

"still at collage" - is that a deliberate play on words, Firkin?

Laughing out loud I wish it was beaky.

Not much changes - I wonder if there is a petrol station around the corner.

The X TV aerials on the chimney/roof tops dates this one

I like that one, nice and cynical

Not so much a funny cartoon but a genuine book.
When I was a young apprentice all the old guys had an electrical code book.
One part was how to revive someone after a shock....

Laughing out loud

Why is there no diagram for the 4th position?

5th "Yeah, just a minute, I'll run to the oxygen gas shop and get a bottle."