Radio sitcoms Page 2

There's a bit of info here: Give Or Take.

Having a bit of a sort out, and found 5 rip off CDs I bought years ago............

"It Sticks Out Half a Mile" - the complete series of 14, inc. the pilot, which Arthur Lowe recorded just before he died.

"Much Binding in the Marsh" - 15 episodes

"Life with the Lyons" - 65 episodes

"Take it from Here" - 69 episodes

and finally!

The Clitheroe Kid" - 129 episodes!!

What with those, and the many, many CDs, tapes and cassettes I have of radio comedy, I think my listening is pretty much taken care of for the rest of the dwindling years I have left on this planet. Cool

I heard that It sticks out half a mile pilot on 4xtra recently

It's pretty good

I think the actual show would have been far far better if Lowe had been in it...

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th October 2021, 9:11 AM

Having a bit of a sort out, and found 5 rip off CDs I bought years ago............

"It Sticks Out Half a Mile" - the complete series of 14, inc. the pilot, which Arthur Lowe recorded just before he died.

"Much Binding in the Marsh" - 15 episodes

"Life with the Lyons" - 65 episodes

"Take it from Here" - 69 episodes

and finally!

The Clitheroe Kid" - 129 episodes!!

What with those, and the many, many CDs, tapes and cassettes I have of radio comedy, I think my listening is pretty much taken care of for the rest of the dwindling years I have left on this planet. Cool

I'll have to check what I've got and whether you need to send me any! :D

I've been listening to a few recently and what really surprises me is the number of actors they are using. One of the benefits of radio surely is that you can't see anyone and they won't be acting (will they?).

I remember shows like the Navy Lark where certain character actors played 2 or 3 different characters.