Bad tempered teen daughter
Grumpy racist/homophobe
Annoying neighbour
Deaf sleeping grandparent
Vicar turning up at least opportune moment
RSC actor with woefully unconvincing cockney/northern accent imaginable
Jobbing actor you've seen in all sitcoms but just can't place

Many of these are tempting.

But the person I identify with most closely in real life is Mildred Murfin in The Men From The Ministry.

I would audition for 'loveable rogue' but no doubt be cast as 'pompous old fool'

Quote: beaky @ 7th October 2021, 3:11 PM

It struck me that the posters would be ideal sitcom characters. The old hands, the optimists, the cynics, the know-alls, the crusty old buggers, the aggressive feuders, the obsessives, the innocent young ingenue...you know who you are!

I forgot the half mad.

I could be the Swiss guy. You know, that old sitcom cliché...

Swiss Tony?

Pantomime maybe
But a Sitcom needs a plot and there isn't anyone on this site who hasn't already lost the plot

True, but perhaps we could impose order on the chaos? One of posters is a Russian spy, trying to find out the secret of British comedy to make Putin appear more human...

One of the other posters is captured and tortured with Mrs Brown's Boys DVDs. There'd be lots of nominations for this role.

Quote: beaky @ 10th October 2021, 10:50 AM

One of the other posters is captured and tortured with Mrs Brown's Boys DVDs. There'd be lots of nominations for this role.

Oscar Wilde: There is only one thing worse than being talked about behind one's back. And that is Mrs Brown's Boys. It is shit.

The trouble with the BCG sitcom is that it should have been cancelled years ago.