300 Years of French and Saunders

This was a great 30th anniversary celebration of French and Saunders on Christmas night 2017. An amusing look back at classic stuff, with new material mixed in. The Wonder Woman and 'Karcrashians' segments were pure bliss.

The Kardashians bit was funny. And the Gogglebox impressions were amazing! I really loved the illegal burials sketch too. I could definitely do with a new series.

Not a massive fan of theirs, but certainly enjoyed this and thought the Gogglebox skits were very funny.

Neither am I Herc but I did like the Handmaiden's Tale spoof.

Also I do think that Dawn can look absolutely stunning at times.

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd January 2018, 6:04 PM

Also I do think that Dawn can look absolutely stunning at times.

I noticed (I think he was in the audience of Strictly) that Lenny's latest beau is a Dawn clone.

Quote: John M @ 1st January 2018, 9:41 PM

This was a great 30th anniversary celebration of French and Saunders on Christmas night 2017. An amusing look back at classic stuff, with new material mixed in. The Wonder Woman and 'Karcrashians' segments were pure bliss.

Caught the repeat the other night and agree the Karchrashians in particular was very funny. I didn't like the uneven mix of extremely brief flashes of their past sketches and very long new spoofs of Downton Abbey or whatever it was, mainly because the older stuff was much funnier and deserved the full sketch.

The longer the sketches, the more French outshines Saunders with her let's face it, much better acting. The shorter ones and those glimpses of past sketches suit Saunders better, she's very good at the funny facials but her acting has always been a bit peculiar, one dimensional and always appearing the same for whatever role. The prog showed they are still the best British female comedy act by miles, or at least no other act has yet surpassed their past output.

Used to love them till around 1996. My main issue was that the sketches went on too long. The good news for Jennifer Saunders is that if Melanie C doesn't propose to me within the next year, I am still available.

Their pop videos were always the highlight for me - the Abba one, with Raw Sex as the men, has me in stitches.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 11th October 2021, 7:31 AM

The good news for Jennifer Saunders is that if Melanie C doesn't propose to me within the next year, I am still available.

We're about halfway through. I expect the reason Sporty has written her autobiography is to get the less exciting part of her life out of the way.

Quote: beaky @ 11th October 2021, 10:08 AM

Their pop videos were always the highlight for me - the Abba one, with Raw Sex as the men, has me in stitches.

The Pet Shop Boys one was perfect for the period, too. I used to have a video and there was an absolutely fabulous (see what I did there) skit where a couple was coming to visit and Jen gets more and more manic. The respective spouses were Ade Edmondson and Lenny Henry.