Dave Chappelle Page 2

Haa anyone seem his latest special? Firstly, I didn't laugh for about half an hour. Chappelle is so famous the audience just cheer and clap everything he says, gets very tiresome. But, it went deeper than that. It felt genuinely mean spirited a lot if it. Take the routine where he relishes talking about beating up a lesbian. That isn't satire, it's misogyny.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 7th October 2021, 5:34 PM

Firstly, I didn't laugh for about half an hour... It felt genuinely mean spirited a lot if it.

Same Chappelle as this surely ?

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 30th September 2019, 8:34 PM

First time I've seen any of his comedy. It was fantastic. It made me laugh a lot.

Just a different topic to this one...

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 12th June 2020, 7:23 PM

Dave Chappelle today delivered one of the most powerful polemics I have ever seen.

I can understand why you may have felt that way, but he's just doing what Ricky Gervais does. He's attacking the sacred cows with shocking statements, pointing out the irony and hypocrisy. But I do feel both those comedians do it with empathy.

What a powerful argument he delivered at the end "minorities attacking minorities" i.e. intolerance from groups that demand tolerance. "It cuts both ways". Also he's playing to the North American crowed, and they've just been through all that false news "I'm not racist, or sexist but" bull shit, again.

His routine on single-sex toilets is beyond funny. I had to pause the video to gather myself.