Status report Page 6,111

Ridiculous Wokeness! I heard a woman on the radio refer to He-roes and She-roes!

Having a few airport beers before flying to Seattle for a week.

Agenda:

Tonight: Pizza downtown
Saturday: Fresh/wet hop beer festival
Sunday: Breweries in Bellingham. Possible Wilco show.
Monday: Mexican steakhouse dinner.
Tuesday: Wilco concert.
Wednesday: Possible Wilco concert.
Thursday: Fly home.

Concerts and beer festivals will be interspersed with more breweries and beer joints.

Flu jab today. It's all jabs this year. Arms like pin cushions...

Yes, I have had 'em all my dear, needles the size of drain pipes some of them

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 15th September 2021, 9:26 PM

I was out for a walk in the park across from me early yesterday evening
It was a little foggy ( which is why I fancied a walk )
I sat on a bench and then suddenly I see someone coming across the grass toward me and with lasers shining, then I saw another to the left and realised they were armed police officers, although in case they were Lottery funded muggers I turned and started to walk away. at which point it was don't move, put your hands on your head turn to the fence ( i turned briefly to see all the guns pointing at me

I was handcuffed and interrogated as apparently I matched the description of someone who was suspected of having a Machete nearby

I've had more relaxing walks to be honest

This did actualy happen by the way
I as hoping for at least, an " Oh that must have been a bit scary at the time"

I sat on a bench and then suddenly I see someone coming across the grass toward me and with lasers shining, then I saw another to the left and realised they were armed police officers, although in case they were Lottery funded muggers I turned and started to walk away. at which point it was don't move, put your hands on your head turn to the fence ( i turned briefly to see all the guns pointing at me

I was handcuffed and interrogated as apparently I matched the description of someone who was suspected of having a Machete nearby

That must have been a bit scary at the time.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 9th October 2021, 9:05 PM

So the bloke with the machete looked like Fozzy Bear with a moustache? That is unlucky! ;)

Seriously though, that does sound scary. I hope you at least got a big apology for putting you through all that, if not some sort of compensation.

I did get a selfie with a pretty Police lady
She did ask why and I said well it might be a funny story, I was wrong of course

I forgot that they told me I can access the Police report if I pop into any police station, so I might do that
I probably won't, but it might be interesting

Laughing out loud

Quote: chipolata @ 9th October 2021, 9:11 PM

That must have been a bit scary at the time.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 9th October 2021, 9:05 PM

That must have been a bit scary at the time!

So have they got the right man?

My Long Covid symptoms were a bit high, but luckily I found an excuse to get some good hard rest by putting my back out. Good job it only hurts when I exist.

Unlucky getting Long Covid
A friend of mine has it and it doesn't sound great,

On Facebook there are photos of people you may know. At least 5 of the women I work with look nothing like "their" photo.

Oh come on Sunshine, they don't call you 'chete Steve for nothing. You got away with that one.

Quote: Will Cam @ 11th October 2021, 8:57 PM

Oh come on Sunshine, they don't call you 'chete Steve for nothing. You got away with that one.

I liked the story very much.

Don't believe it for one moment of course.

But you can never tell with him what is genuinely true or made up.

Not that anyone will be interested but I turned on the tap in my bathroom sink tonight and a whale appeared. He says he has been living around the bonnet nut since 2014 and that his name is Timothy. I have stuck him for now in my paddling pool but I have no idea what to do with him in the long run. But this I guess, and alas, is life - I am no X Moore and I never have been but I shall just try to keep on keeping on.