BCG Fantasy Premier League 2021/22 Page 43

Yes I'll hang fire on him for the moment but if he's not delivering then that cash could be more useful elsewhere

He's my jinx player, and the likelihood of me having him in my squad is very slim.

So, you can play him Steve with confidence, as he'll now score a shit-load of goals, which is the norm for players I drop. Smarmy

Quote: Lazzard @ 1st October 2021, 11:10 AM

I fear everyone's worst predictions about Lukaku are coming true.
(Champ's League ws woeful)
Stick to twist?

He has never been a prolific goalscorer against the better teams.

In the Euros he scored against Russia (2) & Finland but not against Denmark (who finished 2nd in the group and ultimately reached the semi-finals) and not. from open play, against Italy.

In the 2018 World Cup he scored two against both Panama & Tunisia but not against Brazil, France or England.

At Everton in 2016/17, of 25 goals scored, 4 were scored v Bournemouth, 3 (In total) v Leicester, who finished a poor 12th after their title win of the previous season, 3 v Sunderland and 2 against each of Hull & Watford, leaving just 9 to be spread among Everton's 32 other games.

So far this season he has scored against a woeful (at the time) Arsenal, Aston Villa (2) & Zenit St Petersburg. But not against Liverpool, Man City or Juventus.

With games coming up against Southampton, Brentford, Malmo (twice), Newcastle and Burnley expect him to fill his proverbial boots. Or at least half-full them.

Quote: Lazzard @ 1st October 2021, 11:10 AM

I fear everyone's worst predictions about Lukaku are coming true.
(Champ's League ws woeful)
Stick to twist?

As the song goes;

He's our Belgian scoring genius
He's got a one inch penis
Never scoring goals
He's a wanker to his toes

Twist

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 1st October 2021, 11:45 AM

Low scoring for a lot of us. My defence is injury-ravaged after trying so hard to get TAA in. Some big decisions this week...

A few had Cancelo and the Arsenal mids - Saka, Smith-Rowe... but the highest scoring player of the week overall only got 117 and he played his bench boost chip.

So everyone in our league was more or less on par.

Thought you were trying to get in a Chelsea defender? Good job I don't factor your comments into my team selection. :D

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 1st October 2021, 1:33 PM

With games coming up against Southampton, Brentford, Malmo (twice), Newcastle and Burnley expect him to fill his proverbial boots. Or at least half-full them.

Needs the service though - very patchy at the moment.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 1st October 2021, 1:33 PM

He has never been a prolific goalscorer against the better teams.

Aside from the fact that you included England as 'one of the better teams', I remember his hat trick against Man U in 2013, not least because it meant Don passed me in the last week of season and pushed me into third place.

Talking of Don - get your post in fella.

Also Kipper and Radish.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 1st October 2021, 2:40 PM

Aside from the fact that you included England as 'one of the better teams', I remember his hat trick against Man U in 2013, not least because it meant Don passed me in the last week of season and pushed me into third place.

:D

His three "man in the stand" bonus points took me past you, IIRC.

Take another look, blud.

Also Kipper and Radish.

Hello.

I'm free.

Whoops, here.

This thing about trans people in women's shop changing rooms.

Surely it makes no difference as unless you are buying underwear you keep your grunderpants and sherknickers on.

To my way of thinking, it is just controversy for the sake of it.

Frankly life is too short.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 1st October 2021, 4:16 PM

life is too short.

What is the main reason not to read Horse radishes posts in their entirety?

Sorry I thought we were playing Jeopardy

Reposted for Mr Magoo.

Quote: don rushmore @ 26th September 2021, 11:46 PM

Armband on Lukaku for the first time this season, and hoping Mount is back from injury. Chelsea fixture list very good until end of year so might buy Rudiger as well.

Elsewhere - Antonio, Benrahma and Raphinha coming in for Pukki, Torres and Alli.

8 point hit, so need big score this week.

I've put Tielemans in this week, so that's his season knackered.

I've also put money on Chelsea to beat Southampton, so a heads up for everyone to cash out their accumulators before the game as that's the reason Chelsea don't win.

Dan

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 1st October 2021, 10:31 PM

What is the main reason not to read Horse radishes posts in their entirety?

Sorry I thought we were playing Jeopardy

At least you are not trying to spuriously argue that there are no trans people currently playing in the Premier League. Had you done, I would have civilly advised no one can prove that.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 1st October 2021, 11:45 AM

Low scoring for a lot of us. My defence is injury-ravaged after trying so hard to get TAA in. Some big decisions this week...

Was getting killed by the TAA holders and thought shall I? Then I thought, with his ankles, groin, calves, knees, you name it, he's bound to fold in a week or two. And he did. Ill Enjoy your extra money for him, I've not taken a points hit like you lot probably have, and I've bought a more stable defender at 1.5m less. Morning.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 26th September 2021, 12:23 AM

JP, please see my post on page 37 of this thread.

Bad luck about the OG.

Fair enough. I'm a bit disheartened tbh. Everything I touch at the moment turns to muck.

3 own goals this season so far, and a red card along with injuries to DCL and Trent Alexander Armstrong after I've made my transfers.

Oh well, still a long way to go. Might use my free hit before the deadline. Either that or risk my Newcastle (v Wolves) sub for TAA.

Good luck all. Kopites excluded, obviously.

Quote: jphellpool @ 2nd October 2021, 8:50 AM

Fair enough. I'm a bit disheartened tbh. Everything I touch at the moment turns to muck.

Tish - how do you think I feel, being stuck at the bottom all season. :(

TF for H2H, otherwise I'd have nothing to live for.