BCG Fantasy Premier League 2021/22 Page 42

It would appear to be all down to the performance of the Brighton goalkeeper tonight in this week's me v Herc H2H. Now, if only I'd captained Salah instead of Ronaldo...

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 27th September 2021, 10:02 AM

It would appear to be all down to the performance of the Brighton goalkeeper tonight in this week's me v Herc H2H. Now, if only I'd captained Salah instead of Ronaldo...

Ditto Salah v Ronaldo, and only one point in it, with Sanchez only scoring one point last week. Could it be a draw I ask myself - NO Billy, you are safe as I don't have that sort of luck.

That penalty went high, didn't it?

Kudos to MOTD2's pisstake of it.

Put Antonio back in after I transferred him in previously just to get me minus points.

Dan

So this was the situation........

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 27th September 2021, 10:02 AM

.........and I, resigned to failure, said this..............

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th September 2021, 10:13 AM

Ditto Salah v Ronaldo, and only one point in it, with Sanchez only scoring one point last week. Could it be a draw I ask myself - NO Billy, you are safe as I don't have that sort of luck.

BUT, what I'd forgotten about was the automatic substitution of Dallas (2 points) for non playing Torres, resulting in this.............

........and me shooting up to 4th - never known such dizzy heights!

How's it looking down there, Billy. :D I know the feeling. Cool

Next game Horse in 5th - Bring it on Rolling eyes or it could be Errr

I turned over Horse in the H2H and finally moved up a place. I can't thinking though - as i look at Hurc's 4th place with 271 points, and my 10th with 320 points - "It's a funny old game".

Quote: playfull @ 28th September 2021, 2:24 PM

I turned over Horse in the H2H and finally moved up a place. I can't thinking though - as i look at Hurc's 4th place with 271 points, and my 10th with 320 points - "It's a funny old game, Saint".

:D

I changed my team name this year. Clearly it hasn't worked so I may need to go back to the one I used in previous seasons.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 26th September 2021, 2:24 AM

I think that post should be on the footballers talk politics thread*
But we'll allow it as your relevant post of the week

*There isn't one? well maybe there should be

Marcus Rashford is doing a better job of opposing the government than Keith sadly.

As soon as I get chance I'll add some more football/politics related stuff, as it seems popular.

Second iffy week from my back line. Something will need to be done.

Took a hit to bring in Ronaldo which didn't really benefit me this week but was necessary to avoid falling behind in team value. Goal from Sarr but I sold Jota to get him instead of Greenwood so not much benefit. Despite Anton getting nothing from his captain I've actually lost a point to him when you factor in the hit.

Quote: don rushmore @ 26th September 2021, 3:34 PM

Four teams should have been kicked out this week.

Some clarity on this, Godot. Please and thank you.

Four teams failed to meet minimum posting requirements last week (GW5) as you point out. Feoree, JPass, Radish and Dan.

JPass actually did post in the game week, but I took his post for the previous game week. He has done the same this week, being the first to post. His posts are at best borderline in terms of quality. I have left him a note asking him to raise his game and a reminder, but he has not responded so it seems that he is not reading the forum, just logging in to post and going again. That is the opposite of what we want so I will be PMing him.

Feoree didn't post.

Dan didn't post.

Radish posted but his posts failed to pass the intelligibility bar, despite a previous warning.

Because I was on holiday and did not warn anyone that they were in danger of being booted I will not be deleting any of the above four for not posting in GW5. This is a 'natural justice' decision based on the fact that I promised that I would inform people if they were in danger of being booted. The previous week I issued two sets of warnings. I don't go on holiday very often and I still managed to post while away, just not to give warnings.

I don't want to hear anything about 'special treatment' or 'failing to apply the rules' this is a one off and the rules still apply, I just will not remove anyone from the league without a warning and an opportunity to make amends on their failing to post.

The following have already met the posting requirement for GW6:

JPass
Ben
Anton
Bunter
Dan
Vandenstock
Herc
Feoree

If your name's not there you have to post before the next game week deadline, which is Saturday 2nd Oct, so plenty of time still.

I will be reminding people nearer the time.

Football related Starmer joke seen on Twitter today:

"You can't win anything with Keiths"

Laughing out loudLaughing out loud

If you were going to have a bad scoring points week, last weekend was the time to do it.
Not many got 40+ points. So with a poor score - no one raced away from you.
I looked at mine and thought 'meh, average... then looked and I think I was in the top 3 scorers.

Yes - that does slightly take the sting out of what was a god-awful week for me.
Need to re-group.

I fear everyone's worst predictions about Lukaku are coming true.
(Champ's League ws woeful)
Stick to twist?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 29th September 2021, 8:11 AM

If you were going to have a bad scoring points week, last weekend was the time to do it.
Not many got 40+ points. So with a poor score - no one raced away from you.
I looked at mine and thought 'meh, average... then looked and I think I was in the top 3 scorers.

Low scoring for a lot of us. My defence is injury-ravaged after trying so hard to get TAA in. Some big decisions this week...

Quote: Lazzard @ 1st October 2021, 11:10 AM

I fear everyone's worst predictions about Lukaku are coming true.
(Champ's League ws woeful)
Stick to twist?

I think he will have chances this weekend v Southampton. He'll get goals but whether he's the best option for that price bracket remains to be seen...