I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,321

14 police officers needed to confront a street preacher? Isn't that a bit heavy handed? He's not likely to get violent. Isn't there any REAL crime for them to deal with?

I was refused service today whilst trying to buy petrol.
I don't own a car, I just wanted to join in.....

Quote: Lazzard @ 27th September 2021, 12:14 PM

Yes, I was rather pleased with that myself.

What a shock! You were pleased with yourself.

I am enjoying the Labour party conference though. The ironic comedy is in spades.
Angela, totally unaware of how she is being perceived because no one in the party dare say it to her.
She even went back stage to have a roll-up fag. (Mill lass does good)

Then there's that bloke at a conference saying too many white men are putting their hands up to ask questions.

Can't wait for today's instalment.

Party Conferences are always a circus,
If it's not Commies in the basement, it's Nazis in the attic.

Party conferences are pretty dreadful. Although it has been fun watching the people who normally rage about snowflakes and cancel culture, raging like snowflakes about Angela Raynor and demanding she be cancelled. Ah, irony.

Believe or not, I was once an ardent Labour supporter. I was as red as they come.
I was a shop steward and then an area convener. The EETPU paid my wages.
I resolved disputes and brought men out on strike and was often in personal contact with Labour MP's and even Lords.

The wind of change was already blowing back then and when the EETPU made a 'no strike' deal with the newspapers during the Wapping dispute, it was the end for me.

Watching twats filling up petrol cans and pouring half of it over the forecourt, morons struggling off forecourts with 5 gallon Jerry cans and even some filling water bottles with petrol.

WTF! I thought it was ILLEGAL to not use proper containers for petrol. Why are these bottle fillers not be prosecuted.

Oh, and some plebs topping their tanks up with a fiver's worth of petrol FFS, shittin' bloody selfish arseholes - while desperate front line workers go without.

Saw it with my own eyes. Old guy in front of me pressing the trigger in little fits and starts until I saw petrol run down his car on to the floor.
He had drawn £4.70 worth of petrol.

F**king cretin

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th September 2021, 10:53 AM

Watching twats filling up petrol cans and pouring half of it over the forecourt, morons struggling off forecourts with 5 gallon Jerry cans and even some filling water bottles with petrol.

WTF! I thought it was ILLEGAL to not use proper containers for petrol. Why are these bottle fillers not be prosecuted.

Oh, and some plebs topping their tanks up with a fiver's worth of petrol FFS, shittin' bloody selfish arseholes - while desperate front line workers go without.

Don't get angry, mon! Just enjoy the spectacle.

Quote: chipolata @ 28th September 2021, 11:46 AM

NOT if this is what you see.....................

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 28th September 2021, 11:10 AM

Saw it with my own eyes. Old guy in front of me pressing the trigger in little fits and starts until I saw petrol run down his car on to the floor.
He had drawn £4.70 worth of petrol.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th September 2021, 11:50 AM

NOT if this is what you see.....................

Yeah, but what good will YOU getting mad about that do. It's just gets your blood boiling and does your mental and physical health no good, while the guy has still done it and will doubtless carry on doing it because he's a turd.

...which is why I said:

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 25th September 2021, 8:22 AM

What they need to do is impose a minimum purchase of, say, £40 so that people will only fill up when they really have to do so.

(pro-rata for motor bikes and the like of course)

Quote: chipolata @ 28th September 2021, 11:46 AM

Never thought I'd live to see a schadenfreude sausage :P

Did I mention that yesterday I was caught in a traffic jam up a major road because there was a petrol station half way up? It took almost half an hour to go about 2 miles. There's only one lane up and one lane down.

Consequently I had to take about a 5 mile detour so I wouldn't get caught again and arrived home about the same time as I normally would.